Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Default The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

Current version of Dynamo: a4 (released 2011-04-20)

Dynamo is a network analysis tool. Currently it's available for Linux and Microsoft Windows. Here's what she looks like:

You can try it out and post comments here.

Here's the link to download it:

http://virjacode.com/projects/dynamo/
    Last edited by Virchanza; 04-20-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Version Change
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Default Re: The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

Please let me know if anyone's having issues with the GUI. On one Ubuntu computer I tried it on, the maximise and minimise buttons didn't show up. (Don't know what's causing that yet).

Also I've noticed that the About Dialog is a bit oddly sized on some computers, I'll sort it out.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Smile Re: The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

in bt4r2 works perfect!thks for the link!!! bye:-)

For passive recon nice tool. +1 for easy and simple tool.

So far, my webserver statistics show that the Linux version has been downloaded 61 times, and the Microsoft Windows version has been downloaded 68 times (although I think those statistics might take up to a week to refresh).

Someone out there must have something to say?!

Did you use it once, say "this is shit" and then delete it?

Did you use it a couple times to see what it's like?

Or do you use it consistently?

I have plans to add features that people specifcially ask for, so your feedback (as supposed to silence!) is appreciated. I can't make any changes unless I hear from you.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Well I haven't actually managed to get it installed yet, I'm patching what I can to work on my system (which is currently unsupported) but can say that you need to put together a Makefile for it - it makes it easier to do the configuration and installation.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

nice tool !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I have plans to add features that people specifcially ask for, so your feedback (as supposed to silence!) is appreciated. I can't make any changes unless I hear from you.
    As someone who develops a few different open source projects, trust me when I say, this is tough to get until you hit a pretty good maturity. In fact, don't count on people requesting features - they'll just use what you add.

But - add the features that YOU want. Chances are, if you've identified something you want, that's what your users want, too.

@Gitsnik

If you give me all the details of the platform you're using, and the problems you're having, I'll try my best to help.

If you're getting compiler errors or linker errors, please post them here and I'll investigate them.

The only three things you need for running Dynamo are:
    1) The GNU compiler collection (i.e. gcc & g++)
    2) The pCap development library and runtime library
    3) The wxWidgets development library

@orgcandman

I understand your rationale... but I'd be much more motivated to spend my own time and effort on this project if I knew that people were using it and wanted more features. I've already spent at least 3 years on it without any input or feedback whatsoever.

@Everyone else

You might notice that the latest version is a2 now, I tweaked the GUI a bit.

Downloads currently stand at 66 for the Linux version, and 69 for the Microsoft Windows version. (which I didn't expect -- I thought the Linux version would get way more downloads!).

first thanks for this tool and the effort you put in it.
    i have a few requests: an update button so it's easy to go with changes ahead.
    second i like to see a window where you can watch the arp proces and stop it after your results are in.
    hope this can be done.
    regards
    bakru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast