Thread: BackTrack 4 in Q for Mac

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrack 4 in Q for Mac

Hi,

First of all, I think Backtrack is an amazing tool! I'm an avid *nix user and this is the coolest distro out there.

I just got a reasonably powerful G5 iMac (white, clear shell, isight) and I'm trying to setup a BT4 virtual machine in Q, the mac port of the qemu emulator. I've gotten it to work before with an earlier version of BT on an older powerbook G4.

I started with booting up from the bt4-r2.iso as the cd, I select 'Start Backtrack Framebuffer (1024x768)'. It gets to the console screen with the BT4 logo at the top, says 'Loading, Please Wait...' and does nothing else. So, I attempted booting Forensics mode, and I found it hangs on this line:
    Code:
    aufs 2-standalone.tree-35-20100823
    I searched these forums as well as other linux forums but didn't come up with anything. Does anybody know what this means? Has anyone else tried using backtrack with Q? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    wsnipejc14

Default Re: BackTrack 4 in Q for Mac

Similar issue here
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...s-startup.html
    May or may not be helpful.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BackTrack 4 in Q for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman02379 View Post
    Similar issue here
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...s-startup.html
    May or may not be helpful.
    Thanks, I tried CTRL-X then ENTER but to no avail. I'm going to try booting from an actual cd on a newer macbook pro, if that works than I'll try an older version of BT with Q, it could just be a compatibility issue as Q hasn't been updated in a while. I wish I could figure out this bug though, I could update the Q code!