Thread: I am getting a very low beacon count

Just burned his ISO

Default I am getting a very low beacon count

When i get the ivs, im getting a very slow beacon rate and my data packets is only 220...i believe that i would need a number between 200,000 and 500,000 for a successful hack on a wireless network...why is this happerning?please help me ..i am running bt4 live...also is there any tutorial link that works for wep hacking with bt?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: I am getting a very low beacon count

In future perhaps a little time on Google would be better... Nevertheless - I will help as best I can.

I too am new to BT4, and am unable to help you with the slow beacon count - but I will be interested to find out the answer.

How close are you to the AP?

A guide on how to 'assess wep security' (NOT hack) Newbie Guide:- How to crack a WEP key, step by step. By another newbie. - Remote Exploit Forums

Just burned his ISO

Let me google that for you

This resource has many tutorials for cracking WEP with BT

Thumbs down Re: I am getting a very low beacon count

When i get the ivs, im getting a very slow beacon rate and my data packets is only 220...i believe that i would need a number between 200,000 and 500,000 for a successful hack on a wireless network...why is this happerning
    There could be quite a few reasons. Go look at the numerous tutorials on the aircrack-ng site.

also is there any tutorial link that works for wep hacking with bt?
    There is a new tool quite useful to hackers out there called Google. It's pretty self explanatory. Also, the amount of wep cracking guides on the internet is mind-boggling. If you google "Backtrack wep" (not even using the words crack, hack, break, etc) you still return a full page of guides, tutorials, etc. Have fun.

as first. 200k to 500k ivs you needed in the old version of aircrack, i believe. in the new aircrack-ng suite is a better algorism integrated. so when you have luck you crack your ap in 1 min with ~5000 ivs. but the ivs you need can vary. ok and your problem with the pps... try to use a lower rate. 1M or so. for the rest have fun with google .
    Last edited by pigtail23; 07-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

or you can just use gerix wifi cracker, you probably have it or its in the repos, just set the card, select the one button attack and sit back till you crack! Then change your AP to wpa ftw
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556