Thread: Backtrack 4: Information Gathering: Route: Netenum – Produce lists of hosts for other

Developer

Default Backtrack 4: Information Gathering: Route: Netenum – Produce lists of hosts for other

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Backtrack 4: Information Gathering: Route: Netenum – Produce lists of hosts for o

Looks like it must have been fun to program. Will you be treating us to the source code?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Default Re: Backtrack 4: Information Gathering: Route: Netenum – Produce lists of hosts for o

Quote Originally Posted by chaohacker View Post
    Looks like it must have been fun to program. Will you be treating us to the source code?
    Fairly certain it's available all-over if you actually look for it, or even in the base build IIRC (probably but even with BT's awesome set I still add more).

Anyway, if not, nmap has similar features (albeit with more complexity):

Ping scan:
    Code:
    nmap -sP -oG - -n 192.168.1.0/24 | grep Up | awk '{print $2}'
    List scan (no timeout feature):
    Code:
    nmap -sL -oG - -n 192.168.1.0/24 | grep Host | awk '{print $2}'
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Developer

Every single one of the tutorials with titles similar to this are all tools in Backtrack 4. My partner Alex and I are on a quest to write a article on every single tool in Backtrack and then a few more. I will be posting them all here. As Gitsnick pointed out there are better tools to do some of these tasks however the point is to start a comprehensive source where a write up on each tool can be found.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Every single one of the tutorials with titles similar to this are all tools in Backtrack 4. My partner Alex and I are on a quest to write a article on every single tool in Backtrack and then a few more. I will be posting them all here. As Gitsnick pointed out there are better tools to do some of these tasks however the point is to start a comprehensive source where a write up on each tool can be found.
    Awesome. Sounds like a useful project. I misunderstood the nature of the article. I thought it was some kind of home project. My apologies

It appears to be part of the IRPAS suite by phenoelit. It is available via Phenoelit for anyone who is interested.

Gitsnik, thank you for the commands.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you so much for all of these articles. They have become an invaluable resource for me since
    I haven't messed around thoroughly with each tool. This tools works just like it should

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Re: Backtrack 4: Information Gathering: Route: Netenum – Produce lists of hosts for o

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    I really hope you could finish this quest ASAP... it would be very helpful for the beginners with or without hacking background like me.. i wish you could also put the command options and also samples on how to use the tool i will be waiting for this...
    for the few weeks that i am studying Backtrack this is the 1st post that made me SMILE please message me if you have finished your quest so that i could immediately check it out

advance thanks to you more power

it made me do my 1st post here ^_^