Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

Does exist a way to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?
    Besides the obvious operations of deauthenticate it after having raised a fake AP with Airbase (at least option -P) can be done something else to force connection to fake AP?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

Yeah you go to the target machine and connect to your fake app with it.

Ensure your AP has the stronger signal.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

Good point, thanks!

In this case, would it be better to raise a fakeAP with identical SSID of "victim" network, or maybe something slightly different.
    For example, if the "victim" network SSID is "NETGEAR-12345678" which could be a best option for fakeAP SSID: "NETGEAR-12345678" or "NETGEAR_12345678" ?

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Also look into how airdrop-ng works.

Default Re: Riferimento: How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

@JackBauer

That kind of depends what your end goal is.

But I'm guessing the answer should be obvious if you think about how Windows Wireless Zero Config works.....
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

AFAIK (please correct me i'm wrong) Windows Zero reconnects automatically only if SSID and encryption are the same.
    Given that usually we are dealing with WPA encryption the obvious answer would be "NO WAY!!!": we can of course raise the same SSID but not same WPA encryption.

My question is "Do we have a turnaround for this?"

Quote Originally Posted by TAPE View Post
    Also look into how airdrop-ng works.
    I gave a look to Airdrop documentation, but it seems to me that Airdrop is just a deautentication tool.
    Normally i'd use Aireplay-ng -0

There is a reason to prefer Airdrop to Aireplay ?
    I have not tryed it still, but it looks to me very hard to imagine that an ALLOW rule in Airdrop would force a connection of victim to my fakeAP, no?
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 06-22-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

XP didn't for a while there - it could be jacked with a downgrade based on SSID, if thorin is suggesting it then I would hazard that it is still doing it. It's not hard to "raise the same... WPA encryption". You just need to know how this sort of thing works (assosciation, encryption, negotiation), which you clearly don't. It also is irrelevant to your question of "forcing" the connection.

So here is the deal, wander off and try a few things out with your fake ap. Every piece of information you could possibly ever need has been provided to you thus far in this thread. There is apparently a language barrier, so you need to re-read a lot of it very carefully. If you don't come up with the answer from the thread, go back to the roots of your theories and try it again.

On the top of airdrop vs aireplay - even if they do the same thing you need to be able to use a lot of tools to get the job done. Understanding what you are using is as imperative to solving problems as understanding how it is doing it.

And in case it is not clear:

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO FORCE A WIRELESS MACHINE TO CONNECT TO YOUR AP. Members here have given you information to permit a client to connect to an AP that is not necessarily the one that they think they are connecting to, but unless you are sitting in front of the machine and select the "rogue" AP, it's not being forced, only permitted.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

There is the Jasager Project. But it's based from unencrypted APs and Karma

I fear this is going down a bad road so I will not say anything further.

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: How to "force" a client to connect to a fake AP?

@Gitsnik
    Thanks for your points and for your definitive answer (IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ...)

@Mr-Protocol
    I understand that Gitsnik definitive answer says all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast