Thread: issue with aireplay-ng

Just burned his ISO

Default issue with aireplay-ng

in a nutshell:

got wireless working great, can connect to my home network no problem. got kismet running and started collecting data with airodump.

ive been following this guide: Cracking WEP Using Backtrack: A Beginner's Guide - Ryan Underdown and am on step 3. i simply cannot get my card to associate with the ap. i keep getting the error: 'no bssid available' even though the AP shows up in kicd(?) and in kismet.

little help? my wireless card is an alfa awus036h 1000mw usb adaptor (uses realtek 8187 chipset)

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: issue with aireplay-ng

in a nutshell
    if the ap belongs to you u should not need kismet to get the ssid as u will know your own essid and bssid also u dont need fake auth. i d suggest instead of just typing commands there learn what and why you type those commands.
    CCNA-CCNP-CCSP-CEH-MCP(! ya ya in old good days there was mcp-winsock)
    may the big penguin rape you in your dreams if you abuse your knowledge

You can connect to your home network ... but you can't associate with the AP?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by eeepclover View Post
    You can connect to your home network ... but you can't associate with the AP?
    correct. my home network is using wpa2 encryption, the AP im attempting to associate with is using WEP. i consistantly get that error but i think it might be due to aireplay searching on the channel it happens to be scanning at the moment. im installing blacktrack 4 on my notebook atm and plan on dedicating it to WEP/WPA penetration.

-edit-

exact wording:

Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: mac address here) on channel x (the AP is on channel 6)
    No Such BSSID Available.

i cannot get airodump or aireplay to lock to channel 6 despite me flagging it as such. the command im using is:

airodump-ng -c 6 -w capture wlan1mon (have also tried wlan1 but i get an error when i try that)

when i load aireplay-ng, it seems to randomly choose a channel. nothing i have tried has successfully locked wlan1 or wlan1mon to channel 6. there are 2 wireless cards on this notebook: the dell internal (broadcomm chipset) and my alfa 1000mw usb adapter.

im pretty rusty when it comes to *nix. last time i seriously tinkered with it was slackware back in '99-00, so forgive my questions.
    Last edited by jerkk; 06-21-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: additional information

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Nocdem View Post
    in a nutshell
    if the ap belongs to you u should not need kismet to get the ssid as u will know your own essid and bssid also u dont need fake auth. i d suggest instead of just typing commands there learn what and why you type those commands.
    i own both aps that im attempting to break into. i have the bssid and essid but i cannot get my card to associate with that ap via the methods im referring too.

if you have something constructive to add, by all means do so. otherwise, please dont take a dump in this thread.

thanks!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Let me clear this up for everyone involved.
    First we do not condone illegal activities of any sorts. This also includes any type of help what-so-ever from any and or all members.
    Second if anyone feels a post of thread violates this or any forum rule those members are encouraged to use the "report this post" button on the lower left hand corner of every single post in this forum.
    Third we also do not condone any member acting as a "self-appointed moderator".
    This prevents people who may have a "thin skin" from getting their feelings hurt, or starting some unnecessary flame war.

That is all.