Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtualbox

Just burned his ISO

Default Virtualbox

I try to install virtualbox in backtrack4. In first attempt, I use Synaptic to install, but virtualbox give me an error when I try to start a virtual disk... I remove with Synaptic and I try to install with apt-get. Virtualbox requires dkms package to work, and dkms requires linux-headers to work. I fail to install linux-header with apt-get install linux-headers-"uname -r"... Help me with this problem...

Thank you.

Default Re: Virtualbox

Try one of the Ubuntu packages from here. The 8.10 package worked for me, but thats no longer available, so maybe try 9.04 or 8.04. If that doesn't work try the All Distributions installer.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you... I install the deb version for ubuntu 8.04 Hardy and now I install win xp... I try the exploit finally...

Here you go Linux_Downloads - VirtualBox
    Debian 5.0 ("Lenny") i386 | AMD64 works like a charm.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

I read the FAQ.

Any virtualisation software can only use USB wireless network cards as physical devices, all other types of wireless card are seen as virtual ethernet devices and can only be seen as a wireless device by the host and not by the guest operating system. So if you want to run BackTrack in VMWare or Virtualbox and have full wireless capabilities, make sure you are using a USB device.
    The wireless card in my laptop can not be used to connect my virtual XP to internet, but you know a possibility to create a network between host OS(backtrack4) and guest OS(win xp)? I would to try the attack at system.

Yes, the "Host Only" network. Google it or search the VirtualBox docco to find out more. This is a BackTrack forum, not a VirtualBox forum, so lets try and avoid any further questions/answers about how to use VirtualBox please.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I search and find the host-only network howto... But now I have another problem. The ip of virtul-network are:

192.168.56.1 --->host

192.168.56.100 -->guest

If I ping both ip i have recieved a correct response... But if I try nmap -v -O 192.168.56.100 I haven't a response... Ports are open/filtered and OS version are unknow... Do you help me?

Post the command line and output of your nmap scan.

Just burned his ISO

I try to install ubuntu... And for magic, the system take the correct ip... Now nmap scan the correct ip, and find the correct OS system... But the video tutorial are for windows xp... Now I read which service I configure to make Ubuntu vulnerable... Becuase ubuntu have all port closed... I install OpenSSH, but the versione 5.3 not propose exploit... I try with XHydra, but at the moment I have the problem because root account non work or not accepted...

Quote Originally Posted by Mito125 View Post
    I try to install ubuntu... And for magic, the system take the correct ip... Now nmap scan the correct ip, and find the correct OS system... But the video tutorial are for windows xp... Now I read which service I configure to make Ubuntu vulnerable... Becuase ubuntu have all port closed... I install OpenSSH, but the versione 5.3 not propose exploit... I try with XHydra, but at the moment I have the problem because root account non work or not accepted...
    Was that a question? It certainly wasnt the information that I asked you to provide. Should I assume you have solved the nmap issue on your own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast