Thread: Not being able to go into OS

Just burned his ISO

Default Not being able to go into OS

Hey there, as title speaks, it wouldn't be clear what my issue is. But let me clarify that I've used BT3 just the other day and is quite okay with it - my point is, I'm a lil experienced and not totally newbie.

Okay, here goes the issue, I am able to boot up the LiveCD (I use USB/Flashdrive tho) but the thing is, it needs the login ID and password which I didn't need to in another laptop. And yes, I know what the ID and password is just that after logging in, it doesn't go into Linux, again, like the other laptop did.

Just fyi, the other laptop is an Acer 5500Z and was successfully able to crack WEP password (trying to crack WPA today). Am now on Lenovo G430 and its wlan is Intel 5100 or something. But anyway, can someone help me with the OS first? :/

Default Re: Not being able to go into OS

Perhaps the actual text of any error messages you have received might help. Im assuming you have read all of the FAQ entries here, especially this one?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Not being able to go into OS

Checked this thread http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...tions/1787.htm.

Tried.

Given error was :

Fatal server error :
    no screens found
    giving up.
    xinit: Connection reset by peer (errno 104): unable to connect to X server
    xinit: No suck process (errno 3): Server error.

It's alright now bra. It wouldn't start the Desktop mode when I select "KDE" or something only. I chose "VESA KDE" and now I'm on the Desktop mode. Thanks anyway. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.