Thread: A little help please

Just burned his ISO

Default A little help please

Hey, guys. I'm deployed in the desert atm and I have a little trouble getting all the files I need. The internet over here is super restrictive. I was wondering if any of you guys have some working proxies that I could use to download the files i need. Thanks

Default Re: A little help please

Stop futzing with military equipment, things are locked down for a reason.

If you have a legitimate need/use then talk to your actual support personnel I'm sure they'll hook you up.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Is this post for real? Have you ever asked yourself why your military base connection might be super restrictive, stay out of trouble.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

I'm not attempting to download Backtrack on government computers. Its the Host nation internet that is lock down tight. Either help or don't. I don't need your attempt at snide remarks.

Well PHProxy is free proxy, then you just need a own HTTP server to put those files and then you can use it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitriyus View Post
    I'm not attempting to download Backtrack on government computers. Its the Host nation internet that is lock down tight. Either help or don't. I don't need your attempt at snide remarks.
    All help is free and freely given, and here is another tip for you.
    Try using google this has nothing to do with BT.
    We are not a general purpose answer you questions service.

EDIT:
    The following PM from the OP.
    Again we are not a general purpose answer service. Specific problems can be better served.
    Also we don't tolerate illegal activity no matter the country or reason behind it.
    So let me help you a bit. Get a proxy there are several already in BT, look at their documentation (again in BT) and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitriyus
    I think you misunderstood what I was asking so let me start over.

I am deployed in the middle east. I am using the commercial internet provided by the country I am in. Unfortunately I am having trouble with my Back track installation and need some files. The country is super restrictive on its web pages and I am looking for a proxy that will allow me to download the files I need. I was attempting to ask if anyone knows of any working proxies that I could use. I realize google is filled with such links, but so does the country I am in. Therefore all of the results that come up on google are blocked. Which is why I came to the forums, to ask the community. Please unlock my thread and i will gladly elaborate this point.

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...tml#post161320
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 05-10-2010 at 07:53 PM.