Thread: In need of serious help.

Just burned his ISO

Default In need of serious help.

Hello all, I am currently trying to find out how to get my ar9287 working with bt4. I first tried mounting it to VMPlayer but then read that was impossible. I then read the post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...t-working.html. Still to no avail, I'm not sure I am perform the right steps at the right time. Stupid question but should I have enabled my network by /etc/init.d/networking start and is that different than using the start network service option in the kmenu? If there is a complete and concise guide for all of this I am sorry I missed it and could you point to it. Thanks in advance
    ~>Blunts

Default Re: In need of serious help.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBlunts View Post
    Hello all, I am currently trying to find out how to get my ar9287 working with bt4. I first tried mounting it to VMPlayer but then read that was impossible. I then read the post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...t-working.html. Still to no avail, I'm not sure I am perform the right steps at the right time. Stupid question but should I have enabled my network by /etc/init.d/networking start and is that different than using the start network service option in the kmenu? If there is a complete and concise guide for all of this I am sorry I missed it and could you point to it. Thanks in advance
    ~>Blunts
    Explain your hardware setup, and how you have backtrack installed.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry but i don't know where to write and sorry for bad englesh
    I have same problem cable don't work and wlan don't work. i google to much but i never find how to fix it. I instal bt4 from live cd! If somebody know how to fix it please say and help as!
    My second question is: I now have win7 on my laptop, before i use usb flash memory for start my bt4 and everything go ok but i try now to do same with my flash memory and i can't boot my final relase bt4 i get just black screen when i boot.
    The flash memory is same those win7 do something to laptop or just my flashmemory don't work like before!
    If somebody know how o fix it please help and sorry for bad english

I wrote the thread "How to get Atheros AR9287 Chipset Working" and I'm planning on getting things working with VMware. I'll edit that thread in the next few days hopefully to include that.

Just burned his ISO

Ok so I am running all this on a VPCF115fm Sony Vaio Laptop with an AR9287 wifi card. Also I am booting from a Livecd that I burnt by downloading the full .iso. I also tried using BT4 on my desktop which uses the same method but with a Linksys WMP300N. Neither has returned any positive results. And as I stated in my op I have followed both methods stated in your post mixit. I also unsure if I should have enabled network first or after I have those drivers installed, and which method of turning on the network I should be using. As you can probably tell I am a huge Linux noob. I would really like to get into the groove with BT4, as I work for a security/low voltage company I could really use BT4 to assess possible security threats.
    ~>Blunts

Just burned his ISO

I am guessing that I have been given up on. Any case I look forward to your update Mixit, and if there is someone out there that could possibly walk me through these steps or atleast point me toward an answer I would be much obliged.
    ~>Blunts

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBlunts View Post
    ~>Blunts
    Yea I'm exactly in the same situation, a pain! I also have a Sony Vaio F, and I've been having quite alot of problems with the hardware, drivers and stuff so I guess its a problem specific to this computer, or at least to this series of VAIO...
    Please someone help!

Thanks!