Thread: good wordlist wanted plz !

Default good wordlist wanted plz !

hi guys and gells.

I am looking for a good wordlist for WPA, i have all the popular wordlists on the internet. i.e

The Argon (full of crap and dupes)
    Openwall
    Master password colection (Exploits)
    packetStorm
    and all the ftp sites listed on the outher thread (same as above wordlists realy)

i have compiled my own wordlist(s) such as names, places, numbers and combos of such, hears the link in if you would like to add them to your collection. WPA-PSK WORDLIST 2 (107 MB).rar (download torrent) - TPB

So what am tying to say is, does anyone have any NEW wpa wordlists and not the same old stuff thats bean flouting around the internet for years ?

There's already a couple posted on the forum, just search for them.

Yes i know that there is a post intitald "Thread to share wordlists" on hear. but these are only the ftp ones and the same old wordlists thats bean on the internet for years, forgive me but i did state this in my post.

what i was looking for is a "persional" or Custom wordlist that maybe one of you guys have thats NOT the same old internet wordlist. As iv'e doenloaded them all and i have no luck in pentesting a handshake, so i need somthing better and i understand that its rare for people to share realy good wordlists as thay are hard to come bye

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by jenbo View Post
    Yes, I know that there is a post titled "Thread to share wordlists" on here. But these are only the ftp ones and the same old wordlists that's been on the internet for years, forgive me but I did state this in my post.

What I was looking for is a "personal" or Custom wordlist that maybe one of you guys have that's NOT the same old internet wordlist. As Iv'e downloaded them all and I have no luck in pentesting a handshake, so I need somthing better and I understand that its rare for people to share really good wordlists as they are hard to come by.
    Maybe the handshake that you're trying to 'pentest' is so complex it doesn't exist in any wordlist?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe the handshake that you're trying to 'pentest' is so complex it doesn't exist in any wordlist?
    maybe, but i dont like to loose. lol

in the case of WPA, most people that know to use it know not to use common things and to use random characters as a passphrase. So in most cases they will not be crackable. There a very few networks that have WPA that are crackable by dictionary attack, no matter the size of the dictionary.

Get used to being a loser in this field of wireless cracking.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking until you do suck seed. --Curly

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    in the case of WPA, most people that know to use it know not to use common things and to use random characters as a passphrase. So in most cases they will not be crackable. There a very few networks that have WPA that are crackable by dictionary attack, no matter the size of the dictionary.

Get used to being a loser in this field of wireless cracking.
    This is not actually accurate, at least not in the case of my city and a few others I have gathered handshakes in. I have about 400 cal files that I and others have uploaded to my wpa cracker server an I have had about a thirty percent success rate with cracking them. I have a bout 70 or so which the password was found. So although people like us know how to set a complex password , the majority of people do not. Just my two cents worth.

yes thats what i figged. in my own experience of WPA, i have about 30-40 % crack rate. its just this particular one has me stumped.

as you said only people who have experience in this field will choose a good password, as the normal person will choose a password thats easy to remember such as dave1234, but if its something like 4234%#%TERGgdff thy will never remember it. & besides we are all lazy as the end of the day thats why system admin's get hacked all the time there the laziest !! lol

O, thanks pureh@te your wordlist are pretty cool, am still crunching away at them

Just burned his ISO

apt-get install wpa-wordlist

Quote Originally Posted by d@rkfe@r View Post
    apt-get install wpa-wordlist
    thanks, but i have that one. cheers for you input though