Thread: Ive tried everything and still cannot connect to the internet using bt4..

Just burned his ISO

Default Ive tried everything and still cannot connect to the internet using bt4..

I cannot connect to the internet on bt4 under any cicumstances..
    I have both an internal and an external wifi adapter.

Ive tried it on both vmware, and booting form usb..
    In vmware I can find my external cards interface and chipset etc.. But cannot connect..

in bootup I can see both internal and external..

What Am I doing wrong?

Why dont you give a detailed account of what you are doing to try and get connected. How are you configuring your network cards, are you getting any error messages, etc, etc?

There are plenty of guides out there on getting BT connected to the Net, make sure you are following the steps in those before you post back.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

when i I try to do "get-apt install dhcpcd"

I get:
    hxxp://i48.tinypic.com/i57ozm.jpg

Change xx's to tt's to view.

Im stuck...

have you run apt-get update?
    "Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." -Surangama Sutra

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Follow this guide, it shows you how to get your Internet connection going in Linux:

Linux Internet Connection - Virjacode
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".