Thread: dradis load error

Default dradis load error

perhaps someone can help me Ive tried this

Ive tried the help about Dradis here in the forums which mentions using Vi to edit the lines....

I open up Dradis with Vi and the file is blank.

I'm using the pre installed version on BT 4 prefinal I get the error message

I would post the error message however these forums sees it as a url so it wont let me post it.

The browser doesn't load the web interface. Is it perhaps just me and that crazy VI editor (still trying to learn the commands")
    or.....?

Thanks in advance for any input

Peace

Update... Lol Figured it out well sort of decided that the GUI interface was best for me no more problems with Dradis. The errors were likely the result of me and lack of experience at the command prompt......

Yes Ive been using the metasploit tutorial and find and find it very enjoyable. It does seem to however be exclusively command prompt oriented. Lol Which I do actually enjoy more than the GUI however the victories seem to be further apart however much sweeter when one gets something to work as it should. Thank you folks

Peace

Developer

Well I'm not sure what you mean. Dradis works fine for me. I start the server from the KDE menu and then point firefox at https://127.0.0.1:3004 and I get the log on for the web interface. If there is some other problem you will need to be more specific.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    The browser doesn't load the web interface. Is it perhaps just me and that crazy VI editor (still trying to learn the commands")
    My guess is the vi is probably not your best bet for editing files, especially if you don't know how to use vi. It really isn't the most noob friendly editor around.

No one start a "My editor is better than your's" war either.

As for Dradis it works for me as well. But if there is some specific post you are talking about then give us a link so that we may further investigate.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    perhaps someone can help me Ive tried this

Ive tried the help about Dradis here in the forums which mentions using Vi to edit the lines....

I open up Dradis with Vi and the file is blank.

I'm using the pre installed version on BT 4 prefinal I get the error message

I would post the error message however these forums sees it as a url so it wont let me post it.

or.....?

Thanks in advance for any input

Peace
    The Metasploit Unleashed course has a section under 'information gathering' module that is a step by step for getting Dradis up and running. I followed it and it works fine for me.

http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    No one start a "My editor is better than your's" war either.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    ROFL! Thanks vvpalin. I needed that today!
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."