Just burned his ISO

Default Compatibility - Shireen 2 Watt Wi-Fi USB Adapter

Hello all,

My question is that if the Shireen 2 Watt Wi-Fi USB Adapter is compatible

with Backtrack 3 and 4.

If not, may it become in the future?

The 2 Watts power are tempting!!!

Thank You.

( it didn't let me to put the link of the adapter, says this ---> You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more )

Please google it.

Given the lack of information here, it would be impossible for us to say either way without having to search for the needed info.

Perhaps you could give us some more info like the chipset and version.

You will most likely find that 2 watts of power would be illegal in most countries (There is more to it than that).

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Perhaps you could give us some more info like the chipset and version.
    I don't know the specifications of the product because I won't purchase it if it won't work. It's quite expensive.

Although, I sent an e-mail to Shireen and it's now on their stance to test

it's compatibility and if it is, to be added to the compatibility list of Backtrack.

If they know marketing, they'll do it!!

Oh oh,

They sent me this!

Our product is based on Zydas chipset. If you can work with zydas based wifi adapters, ours will work too.

Best regards

Nusrat Jamal

Just burned his ISO

I'm necroposting till I find what I'm looking for...

My answer for the Zydas chipset is the "# 2.5.34 ZyDAS 1211" in the

Compatibility List of Backtrack..? Are there different versions of this

chipset or not?

It's not going to take much of an antenna to put this thing over the legal limit for an unlicensed radio.

As for compatibility, it will probably work as a normal wifi adapter. You should be able to check the sites of the software you want to use this with for compatibility with them. Though honestly, if you're asking the question, you probably should get a lower wattage adapter until you are familiar with what you are doing.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's not going to take much of an antenna to put this thing over the legal limit for an unlicensed radio.
    I have an 11 DBi antenna with 5 meters cable, this should do it for the illegal part..! Just kidding... In my country we don't have such strict restrictions.

As for compatibility, it will probably work as a normal wifi adapter. You should be able to check the sites of the software you want to use this with for compatibility with them.
    I thought that was the right place to ask for compatibility with Backtrack. Anyway, if you don't answer me clearly because you think it's illegal, it's your matter.

Though honestly, if you're asking the question, you probably should get a lower wattage adapter until you are familiar with what you are doing.
    I know that this power will give me a huge range and I'm familiar with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouman View Post
    I thought that was the right place to ask for compatibility with Backtrack. Anyway, if you don't answer me clearly because you think it's illegal, it's your matter.
    Yes, but not everything has been tested with Backtrack yet. Or if someone has tested it before, they haven't said anything.

Don't be a dick.
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

I know that this power will give me a huge range and I'm familiar with that!
    Wifi is a two way street. Think of it like this. You're sitting on one side of a field with a bull horn. You can talk into it, and the dude on the other side of the field can hear you just fine. He doesn't have a bull horn and is just talking normally. You aren't going to be able to hear him.

Just burned his ISO

You aren't going to be able to hear him.
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I'll have to see it for myself. I'll buy this adapter when I have money, either works with Backtrack or not.

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    Don't be a dick.
    I think I was a little outrageous, not a dick.. That's only part of me, under my pants... Hahahah

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    Don't be a dick.
    I think I was a little outrageous, not a dick.. That's only part of me, under my pants... Hahahah
    Now now children let's play nice with one another and remember the rules.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast