Thread: Meterpreter - getgui.rb, cannot get passed router

Default Meterpreter - getgui.rb, cannot get passed router

If i run getgui.rb, and a computer is behind a router with no ports forwarded, i cannot get a gui! can anyone tell me a way around, OR is there a script to get a vnc after exploitation? i dont want to change my payload because i like meterpreter a lot. thanks for the help!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Make sure you post in the correct section of the forum.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Why do you need a Gui? There is hardly anything "louder" than running a VNC session.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

okay, i realize it is very loud, but lets say i were to use any "bind_tcp" payload, it has the same problem, the ports aren't forwarded through the router, so i cannot connect to a listening computer.

that is one problem, and the other is, if my computer isnt listening for a reverse_tcp payload to connect back, how can i make the payload refresh it's attempt to connect to me?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by b3r00tb4ck View Post
    okay, i realize it is very loud, but lets say i were to use any "bind_tcp" payload, it has the same problem, the ports aren't forwarded through the router, so i cannot connect to a listening computer.

that is one problem, and the other is, if my computer isnt listening for a reverse_tcp payload to connect back, how can i make the payload refresh it's attempt to connect to me?
    If you execute a reverse shell you HAVE to have something listening for it

yes i know this, i was wondering if there was a way to make the program re-run after a certain ammount of time, so it can reconnect to me in case i wasnt listening

i guess i should have made this thread more general, no bind_tcp payloads will get to you if the port is not forwarded through a router.

Developer

The meterpreter .dll is not designed to stay on the host so the answer is no. You could modify a existing backdoor of some sort to spawn a connection at a pre determined time.