Thread: bt4 pf installing problem

Just burned his ISO

Default bt4 pf installing problem

hi all

i downloaded bt4 pf from here

remote-exploit.org/cgi-bin/fileget?version=bt4-prefinal-iso

when the live cd boot in my sys i click on install.sh file and foreward installing

but when the installation become 74% this error show and installation get stop ..

i captured the problem's image >> datairan.gigfa.com/files/lfa0fqfn9362wtumw7ze.jpg

whats the problem ?

Did you even read the error it spit out??? </nobrainer>
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Ummm, the error message tells you what the problem is and even suggests multiple things that you can do to try and fix it. I don't know what else you expect us to tell you....
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

sure i know it

my hard is maxtor !

anyway if i replace it problem should be solved ??! yeah ?!

Possibly, but not necessarily. The cheapest thing to do would be to reburn the CD and check the disk for bad sectors (try something low level like SpinRite).

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Perform a read-write test of every sector on your hard disk, that will tell you if there's any "bad blocks". Back in the days of floppy disks, I'd run "scandisk" in MS-DOS and find some bad blocks... but I don't think I've ever found a bad block on a hard disk.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by bt_NEO View Post
    sure i know it

my hard is maxtor !

anyway if i replace it problem should be solved ??! yeah ?!

Maybe try the cheaper/easier solutions first before you replace your hard drive.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.