Thread: Someone Teach me basic linux

Just burned his ISO

Default Someone Teach me basic linux

Hi, does anyone knows how to solve this problem tnx..
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acer_001 View Post
    Hi, does anyone knows how to solve this problem tnx..make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    Your other thread I told you to use the search functions both here and google. This forum is for supporting BT an advanced Penetration testing distro. This question as well as your other are both basic linux questions. Stop making silly threads and start reading.
    In addition to the links in your other thread here is your homework;
    Read all of this page
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

i couldnt find the solution bcs given doesnt work for me .. so i made this topics

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

This really isn't the right place to be asking questions about Basic linux commands.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

if its basic, what should i do , make coomand just doesnt work i allways get error , make : *** no rule to make target "install" Stop , but i am allready in right folder ..

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acer_001 View Post
    if its basic, what should i do , make coomand just doesnt work i allways get error , make : *** no rule to make target "install" Stop , but i am allready in right folder ..
    Don't you think it would be at least somewhat beneficial to tell us the program you are trying install? Until you can be more specific and in your case I mean real specific no one can help you.
    Read here
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

If there was no file named "Makefile" in the current directory, then you'd get the following error:

Code:
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    You're not getting that error. It looks like the Makefile is being found and loaded, but that it doesn't contain an entry for "install", therefore the progam called "make" doesn't know what to do when you specify "make install".

What application are you trying to install. It would help if you opened up the Makefile in a text editor and copy-and-pasted the contents here. Make sure you use CODE tags when you're posting the contents of the file, otherwise it will look like garbage on the screen.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".