Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: In Need of Root Rights

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default In Need of Root Rights

    Ive installed backtrack 4 on a partition on my hard drive. I was just about to start airmon-ng but is said i need root rights. How do i get it so it all just runs

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sutts88 View Post
    Ive installed backtrack 4 on a partition on my hard drive. I was just about to start airmon-ng but is said i need root rights. How do i get it so it all just runs
    Welcome to the forums.
    Re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Also see the "stickied" threads at the top of the newbie section.
    Also don't be afraid to search for yourself both here on the forums and google.
    These things will make your stay more pleasant.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

  3. #3
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Also see the "stickied" threads at the top of the newbie section.
    Also don't be afraid to search for yourself both here on the forums and google.
    These things will make your stay more pleasant.
    You should make that your signature.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You should make that your signature.
    Yes, it might save you some typing archangel.amael

    I think I may have to change mine to "Don't double post", or "We don't help people break into their neighbors wireless"...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  5. #5
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    "We don't help people break into their neighbors wireless"...
    It hasn't seemed to help. Perhaps I am being too verbose and subtle.
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    It hasn't seemed to help. Perhaps I am being too verbose and subtle.
    I thought your signature was pretty much to the point actually. But no, it hasn't seemed to help. I banned two individuals for asking about illegal wireless cracking within my first few days as a moderator (within a few hours of each other too), moved three threads to the corner, and saw that archangel.amael had banned another when I logged on today.

    I admire pureh@tes continuing ability to keep his cool after having spent so long doing this... I was beginning to get a little irritated after ban number two.

    Just take deep breaths and imagine a calm blue ocean...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  7. #7
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Just take deep breaths and imagine a calm blue ocean...
    You know our local laws do not mermit us to drown them or feed them to the tigershark's either - so this is pretty well a moot image
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    You know our local laws do not mermit us to drown them or feed them to the tigershark's either - so this is pretty well a moot image
    How about running over them in a big boat?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  9. #9
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    How about running over them in a big boat?
    How does it go "They were on my radar but I didn't see them". If someone that "intelligent" can run into a cargo ship, I don't see why we can't run into some people.

    Sounds like a piss-up to me! I'll be in the area end of the year. I'll even supply the boat and the booze.

    I figure we can share the peon's?
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    How does it go "They were on my radar but I didn't see them". If someone that "intelligent" can run into a cargo ship, I don't see why we can't run into some people.
    Sure, its only fair.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •