Thread: Internet Prober : No Longer Passive

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Cool Internet Prober : No Longer Passive

I've used it successfully myself to find an internet connection, hopefully you'll have some luck with it too

http://virjacode.com/projects/inp/

-----------------------------

Internet Prober is a network hacking tool used to find a way of accessing the internet from an Ethernet network.

Internet Prober has two modes:

Passive Mode : Passively observes frames on the network and displays any pertinent information which may indicate a way of accessing the internet. All IP addresses that are encountered are recorded and grouped together with the MAC address they belong to. Port numbers of services observed on the network will be displayed (e.g. it will show if a particular MAC is receiving TCP traffic to port 80).

Invasive Mode : Same as Passive Mode except it sends ARP requests to the entire network subnet in order to gather a list of MAC addresses, and then it sends public IP packets to every MAC address it has recorded (it sends TCP SYN packets to port 80 of the internet IP address you specify). The purpose of these public IP packets is to provoke a response from the internet. Any response will be recorded by the sniffer displayed on-screen.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

im trying to wget the executable but i got 404 error

Thanks for letting me know about that, it must have been like that for months! It's fixed now, you won't get a 404 error.

By the way Internet Prober didn't prove to be too popular at all, I think it was too complicated to use and the data display was too small for most people. I started work on a GUI version of it but I got bored of writing it...... maybe I'll get back to it some time in the future.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

thanks for fixing this...

your program is very easy to use and it works really great, i like the fact everything is colored

edit: that was your 666 post O.O

It's just a shame I have to bump it to 667

In the beginning I thought Internet Prober would be good as a command-line program, but then it turned out that really it needed to be a GUI. For instance, if you have more than 20 or so computers on a network, the screen overflows. Plus in the GUI version I'd like to have it so that you can click on individual IP's and get more specific information about them.

Thanks for the feedback

Just burned his ISO

OK, you have convinced me, now i need that GUI