Thread: How to use Rainbow Tables?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to use Rainbow Tables?

First off I have a unique SSID so I cant just use the precomputed Rainbow Tables from the church of wifi project. So how would I go about creating a Rainbow Table for my specific SSID and how would I use that Rainbow Table? I have created the 3 GB Rainbow Table using RainbowCrack, but I have no idea how to use it.

Search on coWPAtty and genpmk. There are plenty of tutorials and videos on how to use both applications, both on the RE Forums and the web.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

it explains here hows its done

forums.remote-exploit.org/newbie-area/17850-possible-crack-wpa-rainbow-style.html

Just burned his ISO

I have one more question, is there anyway that I could use the program Cain And Abel to create a Rainbow Table and then load the Capture file with the hand shake and decrypt it from there? And if so how would I load my custom SSID into the Rainbow Table? See my password is a series of numbers and digits and a precomputed Rainbow Table wouldnt have my password in it, because it wouldnt be in the original dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by steven1075 View Post
    I have one more question, is there anyway that I could use the program Cain And Abel to create a Rainbow Table and then load the Capture file with the hand shake and decrypt it from there? And if so how would I load my custom SSID into the Rainbow Table?
    No. That's the wrong kind of Rainbow Table. That type Rainbow Table is for LM, FastLM, NTLM passwords and the like. Besides, C&A is the password recovery tool, not the generator. The generator is Winrtgen is the graphical Rainbow Tables Generator by oxid.it.

Quote Originally Posted by steven1075 View Post
    See my password is a series of numbers and digits and a precomputed Rainbow Table wouldnt have my password in it, because it wouldnt be in the original dictionary.
    I hate to repeat myself, but you need to search and read up on coWPAtty and genpmk.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.