Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: find the hacker

Just burned his ISO

Default find the hacker

hello backtrackers. I believe someone has hacked into my wireless network. I read that i should be use wpa not wep and before i change is there a way to get the hackers information so i can send to police or find him please as i have seen before that some people hack networks to do crime and i dont want the police or my isp coming after me?

thanks you so much

Use the strongest available wireless protection, and you dont actually need to buy any software, if ya use your mind, simply you'l know how far he is because the strength of the signal.

#2. i cant explain it, since backtrack does not allow ilegal (if it is, here it isnt) activitys

#3. umm google maps or some ip tracking thingy blah blah blah, for that you got 3 more ideas i could get easily to find someone down, but its not always correct and haves errors in most cases, so, to be a good advisor, simply change the strength of your signal :P

btw, we got a cop in town

(edit#2) He believes.

Go down to your Router's (Modem's) configuration page and see the DHCP Client List & also check the MACs that had been connected to your Router (Modem).

Have fun !
    :cool:
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by athacks View Post
    Eather you are a n00b or you act like a n00b.

Simply change to WPA or TKIP (watevur its callud) and problem solved, if we were to call the police for this, then there wouldnt be any backtrack, calling the police can become quite a bit of a problem, since you will not shutup about downloading backtrack, this could give problems to the backtrak team, as they are releasing a tool for professionals into the public, and people without minds use them for simply wep crack, wich it sucks...

Just change it to WPA and have a 26 digits pswd, that PWNS !

btw, you might want to erase your backtrack download ... if you dont have a good use for it.
    First, he should be using WPA-AES, not TKIP.

Second, do you really think that law enforcement around the world isn't aware of backtrack? Chances are your local flatfoots don't, but I'm pretty certain several TLA's in do. It is not illegal to have BT, unless you're in Germany, and if he were to contact the local authorities and tell them he was using it to track down someone, they probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

Remember, it's not the tool that's illegal, it's the usage. Just as a little example, the last time I got stopped by a LEO, I was asked if I had a firearm in the car, I replied that I did and he never gave it a second thought, since it isn't illegal to have a firearm. Same would go for BT.

@OP

You can attempt to gather as much information as you can using Wireshark, and such, but unless you're going to purchase the hardware you need to triangulate the location, chances are you won't find them. Unless you get lucky enough that the person that's inside jumps into an IRC channel and identifies himself, which happened to me once while tracking down a criminal.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by athacks View Post
    Eather you are a n00b or you act like a n00b.

Simply change to WPA or TKIP (watevur its callud) and problem solved, if we were to call the police for this, then there wouldnt be any backtrack, calling the police can become quite a bit of a problem, since you will not shutup about downloading backtrack, this could give problems to the backtrak team, as they are releasing a tool for professionals into the public, and people without minds use them for simply wep crack, wich it sucks...

Just change it to WPA and have a 26 digits pswd, that PWNS !

btw, you might want to erase your backtrack download ... if you dont have a good use for it.
    Advice of the day: disregard any and all advice given by those that practice the art of asshattery, such as seen in this fine example.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

i read that TKIP is cracked by some Japanese team. and they are trying to implement it on Airecrack-ng, please correct me if i was wrong !
    Impossible is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    i read that TKIP is cracked by some Japanese team. and they are trying to implement it on Airecrack-ng, please correct me if i was wrong !

Actually, it's only your mind that 's cracked

Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    Actually, it's only your mind that 's cracked
    thanks for your note about my mind that cracked , first i said i read and i didn't say that's confirmed.
    check that please :
    Code:
    hxxp://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/082709-new-attack-cracks-common-wi-fi.html
    Impossible is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    thanks for your note about my mind that cracked , first i said i read and i didn't say that's confirmed.
    check that please :
    Code:
    hxxp://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/082709-new-attack-cracks-common-wi-fi.html
    Arrgggh. This AGAIN? It's been covered several times on these forums. Please read this:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...tml#post150062
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Arrgggh. This AGAIN? It's been covered several times on these forums. Please read this:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...tml#post150062
    Thanks Thron
    Impossible is impossible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast