Thread: Slight Problem...

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Slight Problem...

Greetings to the community,

I am still new to Backtrack, but i have a friend who is very skilled with it .
    He is not currently online, but i figured i could get a better answer here anyway.

You see, i have just recently installed this awesome piece of software, when i pressed
    install, on the desktop, and i got to the hard drive part, i pressed for it to use the hard drive
    fully. Since i have already installed Windows 7, and Windows XP, but i was wondering if
    this Re-Formatted my computer with this? Because i cannot see a way on how to go back
    to my windows XP.

Please Help??

Thank you,

~ Zorez

Quote Originally Posted by Zorezz View Post
    i was wondering if this Re-Formatted my computer with this? Because i cannot see a way on how to go back to my windows XP.
    Sounds likely. If you did indeed choose the option to use the entire disk it probably would have overwritten anything already there. Hope you didn't have anything important stored on the disk (you may be able to get some of it back using forensic techniques if you did, although I probably wouldn't recommend you try this yourself - get someone with experience to do it).

Usually when attempting to dual boot with Linux you either need to resize existing partitions or use some spare space on the disk to do the install.

Anyway, to confirm, try posting back with the output from the following commands:

Code:
    ls /dev/?d*
    cat /etc/fstab
    cat /proc/partitions
    mount
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.