Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rokland n3 wireless adapter PLEASE HELP

Just burned his ISO

Default Rokland n3 wireless adapter PLEASE HELP

I got my rockland n3 today and it is so kick ass! It doesn't funcktion with backtrack 4. Please O please make this a plug and play with the final! I'll donate to the cause just pm me. Muts, if this gets to yout, you should check this one out man. PM me and I'll do my best to ship one to you, unless you live somewhere I can't ship to. I'm not rich but I will donate to the cause, or you can ban me from the forum for going back on my word.

Quote Originally Posted by popo_ono View Post
    I got my rockland n3 today and it is so kick ass! It doesn't funcktion with backtrack 4. Please O please make this a plug and play with the final! I'll donate to the cause just pm me. Muts, if this gets to yout, you should check this one out man. PM me and I'll do my best to ship one to you, unless you live somewhere I can't ship to. I'm not rich but I will donate to the cause, or you can ban me from the forum for going back on my word.
    What's the chipset? What does iwconfig gives you?

Just burned his ISO

it's a Ralink RT2870 chipset. It support injection and airmon-ng can see it as ra0 but it doesn't work. This n3 works so good but it would be better if I could use it with my fav. OS! I found "The Rokland n3 is plug and play with Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty ... " on the rokblog.
    Thank you.
    I would also like to add that the page that 2009_0521_RT2870_Linux_STA_V2.1.2.0.tgz is on will not load and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

it's a Ralink RT2870 chipset. It support injection and airmon-ng can see it as ra0 but it doesn't work. This n3 works so good but it would be better if I could use it with my fav. OS! I found "The Rokland n3 is plug and play with Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty ... " on the rokblog.
    Thank you.
    I would also like to add that the page that 2009_0521_RT2870_Linux_STA_V2.1.2.0.tgz is on will not load and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Have you tried to install the patched drivers?

Just burned his ISO

install the patched drivers?
    from what?
    I read and read and still seems like no matter what you do the n3 doesn't work with backtrack 4. I tried to download the drivers from ralinktech/support/linux but the page is down. All I can find is the v1 drivers on the disk that came with the n3 but those drivers don't work with backtrack 4. I did see where in Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty the n3 should be plug and play. I don't know that much about linux yet though to know if I could use the drivers. If you can help me

install the patched drivers?
    from what?
    I read and read and still seems like no matter what you do the n3 doesn't work with backtrack 4. I tried to download the drivers from ralinktech/support/linux but the page is down. All I can find is the v1 drivers on the disk that came with the n3 but those drivers don't work with backtrack 4. I did see where in Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty the n3 should be plug and play. I don't know that much about linux yet though to know if I could use the drivers. If you can help me
    You need to install the patched drivers to get injection to work. I'll give you the link.

WirelessCards with rt2870/2860 chipsets

Next time you need to install a driver, search for the chipset. In BT4 case, you can combine the name of the chipset with the word "injection" (In your case "RT2870+injection").

Just burned his ISO

get injection to work? I can't get anything to work. I checked your link and -c 6 show in airodump as channel 10. then when you go to aireplay it won't inject because it's not on channel 6 it's on channel 10. This would be great if we could make a good tutorial for noobs to make this chipset plug and play with bt4. Thank you for showing me where to look. My n3 works so good my neighbor is getting one. I just want to see all those networks show up in airodump. Please help me and lets leave a trail for someone else that buys the n3. Or do yall have stock in alfa?

get injection to work? I can't get anything to work. I checked your link and -c 6 show in airodump as channel 10. then when you go to aireplay it won't inject because it's not on channel 6 it's on channel 10. This would be great if we could make a good tutorial for noobs to make this chipset plug and play with bt4. Thank you for showing me where to look. My n3 works so good my neighbor is getting one. I just want to see all those networks show up in airodump. Please help me and lets leave a trail for someone else that buys the n3. Or do yall have stock in alfa?
    I don't have any card with that chipset. Only have one ZyDAS zd1211b, one RaLink rt73, one Realtek rtl8187b and one rtl8187L (Alfa AWUS036E, if memory serves me). As for your channel problem, you can search for a better driver. Try aircrack wiki and forums.

Just burned his ISO

thanks snayler. I'll try aircrack forum. I will post back as soon as I find fix.

thanks snayler. I'll try aircrack forum. I will post back as soon as I find fix.
    popo_ono, as the tutorial that I gave you said:

KNOWN ISSUES!!!
    Driver currently has some channel problems. I'm not positive on all of the situations however it can be annoying.
    example
    Code:
    airmon-ng -c 6 ra0
    will not show any bssids on channel 6, instead to see bssids broadcasting on channel 6 you must do
    Code:
    airmon-ng -c 10 ra0
    Look on channel 10, this can be a problem due to the fact that aireplay-ng will not do a fakeauth unless the card is on the correct channel.
    So, in my opinion, I think you can manage to use it even with this known bug. Anyway, you can try this tutorial. I don't know if it works and/or if it has bugs because i don't have that chipset to test it on. Anyway, tell me if it works better/worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast