Thread: Help with Kismet

Yeeshkull

Default Help with Kismet

Hi all,

I do not understand how to get Kismet to display the mac's of the clients which are connected to my AP.

I also cannot see clients connected to the AP when running airodump (even though I'm fixed on the same channel).

Help with either issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

authenticate and associate one wireless client with you AP than you can see the MAC of connected client.

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    authenticate and associate one wireless client with you AP than you can see the MAC of connected client.
    Thank you for your reply, however it does not solve my problem.

That does not matter of putting command in such fashion.it can be written before or after.

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    That does not matter of putting command in such fashion.it can be written before or after.

Yes, you are correct and I deleted my statement about the command line from my reply so as to not spread any misinformation.

I'm still having issues though. I guess the Aircrack forum would be the best place for look for assistance.

Thanks anyway,

Yeesh

More precisely put all the commands along with the chipset you are using.than we can assist you further.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

In Kismet when sniffing traffic, select your network and press enter.

This window will change to one which is only showing information on the selected network.

Press ~ to get into the menu uptop, goto to View, and ensure that Clients is checked.

Voila.

In airodump, the command to see only associated clients to a particular AP ;
    Code:

airodump-ng mon0 -c X --bssid 00:11:22:33:44:55 -a
    If no clients showing up then perhaps not enough activity from the clients ?
    I know mine sometimes dont show up straight away, but given enough time
    they do.

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post
    In Kismet when sniffing traffic, select your network and press enter.

This window will change to one which is only showing information on the selected network.

Press ~ to get into the menu uptop, goto to View, and ensure that Clients is checked.

Voila.

In airodump, the command to see only associated clients to a particular AP ;
    Code:

airodump-ng mon0 -c X --bssid 00:11:22:33:44:55 -a
    If no clients showing up then perhaps not enough activity from the clients ?
    I know mine sometimes dont show up straight away, but given enough time
    they do.
    I appreciate the responses from you both and thanks for the help with Kismet. It seems that the menu bar in Kismet was hidden by default but there is no Clients option that can be checked under the "View" submenu.

I will post more information regarding airodump in a new thread, if you guys have a chance, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

Yeesh

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Hmm.. well as was mentioned, you need to give more info..

You on BT4 or 3 ?

If you are using kismet as in BT3, then all you need to do is hit "c" for client list.

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post
    Hmm.. well as was mentioned, you need to give more info..

You on BT4 or 3 ?

If you are using kismet as in BT3, then all you need to do is hit "c" for client list.
    Thanks for the info. I did not see it mentioned on the Kismet site specifically (which is why I asked) but I did learn that by pressing "h" in the main screen, Kismet will show a detail of the different command functions and how to access them.

Thanks for being patient with such a noobish question.

Regards,

Yeesh