Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please...

Just burned his ISO

Default Opinions please...

Hello, I am currantley new to backtrack or any other linux os system for that matter. Basically I have been following tutorials from the web/ you-tube. I know I don't like being a leacher trust me lol. So any opinions on where to start with using linux cmds thanks alot.

-spybrat

Developer

Congratulations you are the 1 millionth person to ask this question! Further more you win the "I have no search 'fu" award which is a very distinguished honor. Please wear your badge with pride.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spybrat View Post
    Hello, I am currantley new to backtrack or any other linux os system for that matter. Basically I have been following tutorials from the web/ you-tube. I know I don't like being a leacher trust me lol. So any opinions on where to start with using linux cmds thanks alot.

-spybrat
    slackbook 2.0

NjB

Good friend of the forums spawn's Avatar

Slackware was my school

www dot slackware dot com

you can try it too

www dot gentoo dot org

Find for handbook

http:// www. linux .ie/ newusers / beginners-linux-guide /
    http:// en.wikibooks.org / wiki /Linux_Guide

Quote Originally Posted by spybrat View Post

-spybrat
    Maybe start by reading the sticky thread titled: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...ad-thread.html

It would seem to be appropriate since you are a Linux noob. In addition, the "sticky" nature of the thread would suggest that it is something a new member of the site should pay attention to. This is why this particular thread has been made so easy to find. Open the Newbie area of the forum, and you will see it right there in front of you - like right there! Fourth from the top. Its actually pretty hard to miss it - maybe this will even qualify you for another award?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Insted of reading that whole thread,from starting.read this
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...html#post32879

as that thread created basically for slackware newbies which is not needed now as the whole distro now based on debian ubuntu.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Congratulations you are the 1 millionth person to ask this question! Further more you win the "I have no search 'fu" award which is a very distinguished honor. Please wear your badge with pride.
    Oh c'mon, I look and still see him as "New Member".

I, for one, would celebrate having a "The search-fu is strong with this one" status... if you're bored
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Insted of reading that whole thread,from starting.read this
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...html#post32879

as that thread created basically for slackware newbies which is not needed now as the whole distro now based on debian ubuntu.
    True.

I think the experience of reading through a thread and finding the relevant information on their own might have been a useful experience for this particular new user however.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Question

Slackware is my school too to Linux.
    But what I don't understand is that sometimes I read Backtrack is based on Slack wich is based on Slackware.
    Once I read Backtrack come from ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by najib View Post
    Slackware is my school too to Linux.
    But what I don't understand is that sometimes I read Backtrack is based on Slack wich is based on Slackware.
    Once I read Backtrack come from ubuntu
    Backtrack was based on Slackware until BT3.

BackTrack Information Security Distribution » BackTrack 4 Pre Final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast