Thread: unable to create persistent usb

Just burned his ISO

Default unable to create persistent usb

Hello everyone,
    this is actually my first post so i'll try to be quick...ive read most of the tuts out there watched the video on how to create the persistent usb but when i boot from usb its says this is not a bootable disk...i have created succesfuly the appropriate sdb1 and sdb2 but when i boot there no boot from the usb...any suggestions?

thank you in advance

dose your machine support booting from USB?

is usb memory in your boot order in the bios?

most older machines dont support booting from usb.

some older machines do but only support 128/256 Mb drives

you need at least a 2 gig usb key

go here follow this tutorial it works from windows

Code:
    pendrivelinux.com/live-ubuntu-810-usb-persistent-install-windows/
    Have fun and good luck!

Dlradlt
    Just cause I don't have ten thousand posts don't mean I'm a newbie or a Idiot ! :cool: The only dumb question is the one you don't ask Google first! ;) The biggest problem I had as a Linux newbie was I didn't know to ask Google the right questions!:eek:

Just burned his ISO

Thank you so much for the reply,
    I did try what you suggested but for some reason it didnt work. after several attempts i managed to create a live usb following the video found in the offensive security web site

thank you again!

Default -

this is the tutorial you should use if your trying to get bt4-pre final to boot.
    Backtrack 4 – USB/Persistent Changes/Nessus | Infosec Ramblings

this works ONLY on bt4-pre final, NOT bt4-beta or bt3

Just burned his ISO

Default unetbootin problem

i am having trouble with the bootable usb. after i configure bios to boot from the usb a unetbootin screen appears with an automatic boot countdown timer ticking down from 10. once the timer reaches 0 the timer just restarts at 10 again. this happens repeatedly and never actually boots. i am using an 8 gig hp flash drive and have tried using unetbootin in both windows and knoppix to create the bootable usb and got the same result. i have spent hours with google searching many forums but cant find a solution to the problem. is anyone able to help me with this?

im sorry if this seems to be a stupid question. im very new to backtrack and linux. i know that i shouldnt be jumping right into backtrack having little linux background but i learn fast.

thanx