Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loseing internet connection with Broadcom bcm43xx(18)

Angry Loseing internet connection with Broadcom bcm43xx(18)

Im useing BT3_Final,installed to harddrive,Wireless Adapter,(Linksys,802.11g,model-WPC54G v3.1,)Chipset=Broadcom,Driver=bcm43xx,
    BCM4318 Airforce one 54g.
    My problem is,i can connect to my home modem fine and surf the web,but when i fire up anything like wireshark or anything in the aircrack-ng suite i loose my connection to the modem,cant surf no more or ping or nothing,but wireless light is still on,on modem.now iv done some research and this chipset and driver should be patched and supported already no?when i do aireplay-ng -9 eth1 it says Injection Working,but like i said i lose connection it seems.
    the way i connect to modem is
    iwconfig eth1 essid XXXXXXX
    iwconfig eth1 channel 11
    ifconfig eth1 up
    dhcpcd eth1
    i was reading the b43 injection driver is prefered but theres none that match the kernel i have,2.6.21.5)stock.
    Any ideas or tricks 2 try?
    thanks 4 any help guys its starting to drive me nuts,been at it 4 a week now.
    Thanks again...........
    My modem is a 2Wire gateway
    is it possible that my modem settings are causeing it?

Upgrade to latest BT4 pre-release which is having patched drivers and updated kernel 2.6.29 necessary for b43 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Upgrade to latest BT4 pre-release which is having patched drivers and updated kernel 2.6.29 necessary for b43 drivers.
    well i would but my laptop only has cd drive,and my usb ports are not working,,so cant run a dvd,
    any other ideas?
    so i can not use the newer b43 with this old kernel right?
    can i update kernel maybe?
    thanks 4 the response bud.......
    it seems theres no reason 4 this not 2 work,this kernel should already be patched no?im logging no data-ivs in aireplay-ng yet injection is working....i cant seem 2 find a straight answer here.it switches in and out of monitor and managed fine,im stumped as 2 which other patches may work with this driver and kernel version....

You need the latest kernel than the one supplied with BT3 as that kernel is not patched for b43 drivers.just for working b43 drivers,you need to compile the new kernel and than need to patch drivers.which I consider is lengthy task and you must be having very good skills on kernel level as its not piece of cake.rather than taking all this headache you better buy in-built mini-pcie card Intel 3945 A/B/G as I can see USB Dongles wont work for you.

VMware install...
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

You need the latest kernel than the one supplied with BT3 as that kernel is not patched for b43 drivers.just for working b43 drivers,you need to compile the new kernel and than need to patch drivers.which I consider is lengthy task and you must be having very good skills on kernel level as its not piece of cake.rather than taking all this headache you better buy in-built mini-pcie card Intel 3945 A/B/G as I can see USB Dongles wont work for you.
    so i can update 2 latest kernel?or at least to 1 that will run b43.im gonna look into fixing my usb ports,but till then i wanna play.
    At the wiki it states broadcom 4318 is patched for injection no?why wouldnt it work,weel ill keep searchin 4 answers.

zWiReDz
    VMwareo ya think that would help my situation?
    should i be looking into that?

Thankz alot guys................

Nope Vmware won't solve your problem as Vmware see only USB Dongles as wireless devices.all others will be treated as wired interfaces.as a minimum you need 2.6.24 kernel.b43 drivers are patched one supporting monitor/injection.compiling a kernel need sounds knowledege of the hardware devices into your laptop.one misconfiguration may lead to unstable/unusable damaged hardwares.so beware think what you are doing before compliling kernel.if you have SD card slot,you can instal BT4 on that.search for forums,to knowing more about it.you can see here regarding broadcom supported chipset & b43 drivers more-

No SD slot,older ibm thinkpad.trying 2 update kernel is prob not a good idea as im pretty much a newb in linux.but i may try it,i plan on getting a new lappy anyway.lol.i hope this isnt a retarded ? but i guess there is no way to install bt4 from the iso ah?i mean just have the iso downloaded to my harddrive and install someway?
    thanks alot 4 your help and time secure_it

Dude you can find some topics regarding to bt4 installation through HDD.Give it a try using search function.

Dude you can find some topics regarding to bt4 installation through HDD.Give it a try using search function.
    i figured a dvd or usb was needed 2 install 2 HDD,your telling me i can install from iso?i did some searchin and only find hdd install but disc is needed.
    im not the kind 2 not search bud,been reading and searching for a week and a half now.but not finding what i need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast