Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Looking for knowledge

  1. #1
    knowledge_is_power
    Guest

    Post Looking for knowledge

    Hay whats going on ever body.
    I am a noob to the whole backtrack scene.I started off using it for stupid reasons,but in the process it has opened my eyes up to really wanting to learn how things of our computers really work.I've ditched the whole windows scene and moved on to linux because with everything i have been learning from the site,it seems dumb to keep using it now.........A lot of the tutorials I've read on the forums and the tools i see in backtrack's menu seem really advanced doe......So my question is can any of the top dogs with years of expierence point me to some good ebooks,reads,or websites that will help me out on my journey for knowledge on how things of our computers work.

    Thanks for any replies in advance and yes i did my googling already,just asking for anything you might have in your knowledge box.

  2. #2
    Member zWiReDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Not if you are going to use it to hack your neighbors wifi... We do not condole illegal activities on these forums. Better start reading up on the forum rules before you post.
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

  3. #3
    knowledge_is_power
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zWiReDz View Post
    Not if you are going to use it to hack your neighbors wifi... We do not condole illegal activities on these forums. Better start reading up on the forum rules before you post.
    You missed the whole point dumbass!!! Nobody will say it but i guarantee you most people first start using backtrack for that reason.If you read the post carefully you would see I'm not into it any more.(I STARTED USING IT FOR STUPID REASONS...etc)Learn how to read and comprehend before you try to check me.

  4. #4
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_is_power View Post
    Nobody will say it but i guarantee you most people first start using backtrack for that reason.
    I didn't, most of the older members didn't, I know muts didn't. Basically... you are wrong, and your attitude needs to be curbed lest you be banned.

    If you want more information on how computers work, go dig up some documents on x86 assembly, find your favourite program (I used netcat) and re-write it in assembly - not much will make you learn faster than that!

    Look into writing a kernel module for Linux or BSD - something like rootkit programming will give you a massive insight into how a computer works.
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_is_power View Post
    You missed the whole point dumbass!!! Nobody will say it but i guarantee you most people first start using backtrack for that reason.If you read the post carefully you would see I'm not into it any more.(I STARTED USING IT FOR STUPID REASONS...etc)I hate people who post like you.
    Ok let me get this in before you get banned or sent to the corner...

    Arent we testy? As well as being wrong of course...

    And after reading your post carefully, nowhere did you say that you have stopped using BackTrack for "stupid reasons" like stealing your neighbors wifi. You could very well have started using it for that purpose and then continued using it for that purpose, even while it got you interested in other things.

    zWiReDz is right to have a go at you, because in all of your searching around for information you have apparently missed the fact that illegal activity is frowned upon here and anyone who mentions it gets an unceremonious kick in the ass. Did you expect a different reception just because you made vague allusions to the fact that you may not do this any more?

    You have also apparently missed the fact that the question you have asked gets repeated at least once a month here, and that no one can give you a decent answer until you get more specific about what you want to learn and what you're interested in. Not that I could be bothered helping anyone with manners like yours anyway.

    And no, I didnt start using BackTrack to steal my neighbors wireless, I started using it when I began to perform professional penetration testing.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  6. #6
    knowledge_is_power
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    ok let me get this in before you get banned or sent to the corner...

    Arent we testy? As well as being wrong of course...

    And after reading your post carefully, nowhere did you say that you have stopped using backtrack for "stupid reasons" like stealing your neighbors wifi. You could very well have started using it for that purpose and then continued using it for that purpose, even while it got you interested in other things.

    Zwiredz is right to have a go at you, because in all of your searching around for information you have apparently missed the fact that illegal activity is frowned upon here and anyone who mentions it gets an unceremonious kick in the ass. Did you expect a different reception just because you made vague allusions to the fact that you may not do this any more?

    You have also apparently missed the fact that the question you have asked gets repeated at least once a month here, and that no one can give you a decent answer until you get more specific about what you want to learn and what you're interested in. Not that i could be bothered helping anyone with manners like yours anyway.

    And no, i didnt start using backtrack to steal my neighbors wireless, i started using it when i began to perform professional penetration testing.
    lol!!!!! BEING REAL GET YOU ALL THIS

  7. #7
    Member zWiReDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_is_power View Post
    You missed the whole point dumbass!!! Nobody will say it but i guarantee you most people first start using backtrack for that reason.If you read the post carefully you would see I'm not into it any more.(I STARTED USING IT FOR STUPID REASONS...etc)Learn how to read and comprehend before you try to check me.
    Very very testy...
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

  8. #8
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_is_power View Post
    lol!!!!! BEING REAL GET YOU ALL THIS


    If I could understand what the hell you were on about I could probably formulate a more detailed reply... can anyone else translate the above to English?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  9. #9
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post


    If I could understand what the hell you were on about I could probably formulate a more detailed reply... can anyone else translate the above to English?
    My testicles are small and the internet is the only place I can make them bigger. Also I am still breaking into my neighbours networks which makes me super cool. Please desist in your far more intelligent responses to mine, they do not sit well with my mind.

    Ahem. That will probably bring the ire of pureh@te or streaks, but when one is handed an FTP 5.0 server...
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    My testicles are small and the internet is the only place I can make them bigger. Also I am still breaking into my neighbours networks which makes me super cool. Please desist in your far more intelligent responses to mine, they do not sit well with my mind.

    Ahem. That will probably bring the ire of pureh@te or streaks, but when one is handed an FTP 5.0 server...
    Yeah, thought it was something along those lines.

    I have to learn to speak script kiddie...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •