Thread: BT3 Wireless Problem (HP)

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 Wireless Problem (HP)

Hi im new here ! ^^

i have a problem I have a HP Pro Book 4510s with XP on and I start BT3 in USB and then select BT3 Text Node Frame Buffer> Log in to root - Toor then type startx after that so do I test if I have internet access with wireless assistant and this comes up No usable wireless devices found. Wireless Assistant will now quit. Someone who can this problem?

My Book Pro Hp 4510s, I have XP

Thx

Why not try bt4 pre final? and where is your lspci and lspci -n output?

Yeeshkull

Quote Originally Posted by SeveZone View Post
    Hi im new here ! ^^

i have a problem I have a HP Pro Book 4510s with XP on and I start BT3 in USB and then select BT3 Text Node Frame Buffer> Log in to root - Toor then type startx after that so do I test if I have internet access with wireless assistant and this comes up No usable wireless devices found. Wireless Assistant will now quit. Someone who can this problem?

Thx
    I am a noob but I'll share my experiences using the wireless asstistant with you.

You have to run Kwlan first so the USB device can be found. Fom my experience it will find an "eth0" (the computer's LAN) and whatever you have installed as wireless (mine is rausb0).

It's not a complete anwser but maybe it will point you in the right direction (I can get Kwlan and the wireless assistant to get me on a network but I still have problems getting on the internet with Firefox).

From what I understand it is best to manually configure router settings to your wireless device (but I am not sure myself how to do it).

Hope this helps.

-Yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by SeveZone View Post
    Hi im new here ! ^^

Thx
    GUI sucks so better use CLI mode to connect to the network.
    search here for more info. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php for how to connect to wireless network or man iwconfig

Just burned his ISO

OK thanks all i found my drivers for Wirless device but i dont understand to install them on BT usb ?

linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/intel-wifi-link-5100-agn-fix-unrecognized-743657/

Ma by some one can make tutorial to do this or make it on BT3 Usb finsih for me to download ?

Backtrack 3 has an outdated kernel, the device requires current wireless stack known as mac80211 which has been incorporated into kernel since 2.6.24. In other words:

1) There is absolutely no point in getting it to work because you will need to download vanilla kernel, configure, make and make install.. From there on you will need to fix various issues such as the lack of Xorg interface (no GUI) and other various issues.

2) Your persistence in using bt3 will get you nowhere, but nobody is saying you can't do it. Just have lots of fun trying to get it to work when bt4pf has a much much better chance at making it work but your stubborn-ness is far too evident.