Thread: Connect to a unsecured 2.4ghz wireless baby camera

Just burned his ISO

Default Connect to a unsecured 2.4ghz wireless baby camera

Hello guys!I would like to know if i can some how watch my unsecured baby camera transmitor through my eeepc 901 with backtrack 3 (ofcourse!).Is there a programme in backtrack to scan and connect and view video??

Thnx

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCry View Post
    Hello guys!I would like to know if i can some how watch my unsecured baby camera transmitor through my eeepc 901 with backtrack 3 (ofcourse!).Is there a programme in backtrack to scan and connect and view video??

Thnx
    Just because it's 2.4ghz doesn't mean it's a digital signal that can be received via a Wifi card. So chances are, no you cannot. But you could possible purchase one of those cheap 2.4ghz backup cameras that they make for vehicles and use that. I know the one I have on my van randomly picks up those cameras as I drive around the area.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

It depends on the protocol used for video transmission... If it uses Wifi (802.11 protocol), then yes it should be possible (capture with airodump, then use of Wireshark to decode video).

But if it uses another transmission band/some exotic and proprietary protocol, the problem will be the hardware because your Wlan card might not be able to "capture" the traffic (because of the bandpass filters).

By the way, if you are able to capture the data coming from your cam, I know tat Wireshark is able to read and decode a bign numer of protocols and data, maybe it will do it for you (or maybe you will first need to play with "transcode" for awhile before actually see your baby's smile )

EDIT : grilled by Streaker

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I know the one I have on my van randomly picks up those cameras as I drive around the area.
    You mean buggy right?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.