Thread: what is the best wireless card work with aircrack!!

Just burned his ISO

Smile what is the best wireless card work with aircrack!!

could someone tell me
    what is best wireless card work with aircrack didn't need any adapter or patches i mean work strait after install

and please how do i know my chip model i have this number at the bottom of my laptop -ar5bxb63- i dont know is it the chip model and if yes can i make it work with aircrack
    though my wireless card model is Atheros AR5007EG

thanks...

Buy the Alpha AWUS036H. Trust me, I've spent a lot of money on cheap adapters that end up not working with the various security tools, but this one simply works and works well. Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMZOMBIE View Post
    Buy the Alpha AWUS036H. Trust me, I've spent a lot of money on cheap adapters that end up not working with the various security tools, but this one simply works and works well. Worth every penny.
    Second that. Works out of the box with BT3 & 4.

Quote Originally Posted by iebo28 View Post
    could someone tell me
    how do i know my chip model
    thanks...
    lspci
    Quote Originally Posted by iebo28 View Post
    though my wireless card model is Atheros AR5007EG
    Looks like you know it? Whether it works or not search the forum, answer is posted a few times.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

yes i agree. The Alfa card is the best way to go..got mine for 50 bucks. the best part about it..the card is so tiny..for long range.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Just burned his ISO

Yes an ALFA AWUS036H is definitely the weapon of choice.

It has the Realtek 8187L Chipset and a LNA (low noise amplifier)
    great sens (RX 96dBi) great TX 500mW and it's well supported and documented!

Be sure to get the new Version (AWUS036H V5) which comes with a 5dBi Antenna by default. (i uploaded a Picture of the Box/Package
    in my Profile->Album)

So you can be sure to get the latest hardware Revision which is the same concerning the chipset and the compatibility , but has an improved LNA circuit
    and a bigger heat sink (temperature stability).

There are some other similar devices which also have this nice chipset (RTL 8187L) as well as a LNA and therefor supported by BT from boot as well:

GSKY-link GS27-USB50 (5dBi omni antenna)

GSKY-link GS27-USB70 (7dBi Panel Antenna)

(watch out the old revision carries the not so nice B variant :8187B of the chipset and no LNA.- The new Revision of the GSKY has a 8187L + LNA like the ALFA and is now pretty comparable to the AWUS036H.

Other devices availiable with Realtek 8187L:

ARGtek STARbase
    ARGtek Rocket
    ARGtek Palm
    ARGtek Stick

These device have not the same good sensibility (RX) like the AWUS036H but come pretty close and are availiable at a much lower price.
    Not everything that has a lower price is automatically bad!

The Auslinx adapters are not so good in my opinion, as several LNAs in line make no sense, because the noise is amplified as well and this results in lower receiving capabilities.

800mW + make no sense to if you haven't got an AP which has the same or a comparable power output!
    old enough 2 know better, but young enough to not see a reason for

Just burned his ISO

Be sure to get the new Version (AWUS036H V5) which comes with a 5dBi Antenna by default. (i uploaded a Picture of the Box/Package
    in my Profile->Album)
    Know of a place to get this online? I'm in the U.S. if that matters.. all the links I can find on Amazon and other online stores show the version with only the 2dBi antenna.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boomswitch View Post
    Know of a place to get this online? I'm in the U.S. if that matters.. all the links I can find on Amazon and other online stores show the version with only the 2dBi antenna.
    ALFA NETWORK WLAN USB, 802.11g up to 500mW AWUS036H

they sell antennas too
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by IAMZOMBIE View Post
    thanks i will try this i put my question as can my option to buy wireless card
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Second that. Works out of the box with BT3 & 4.

lspci

Looks like you know it? Whether it works or not search the forum, answer is posted a few times.
    thanks
    ya i try it get me this output

04..00 0 ethernet controller :athero communication inc ar242x 80211abg wireless pci express a adapter (rev01)

so that is say it not ar5bxb63 i am a little bit confuse

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    yes i agree. The Alfa card is the best way to go..got mine for 50 bucks. the best part about it..the card is so tiny..for long range.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casp@ruff View Post
    Yes an ALFA AWUS036H is definitely the weapon of choice.

It has the Realtek 8187L Chipset and a LNA (low noise amplifier)
    great sens (RX 96dBi) great TX 500mW and it's well supported and documented!

in my Profile->Album)

So you can be sure to get the latest hardware Revision which is the same concerning the chipset and the compatibility , but has an improved LNA circuit
    and a bigger heat sink (temperature stability).

There are some other similar devices which also have this nice chipset (RTL 8187L) as well as a LNA and therefor supported by BT from boot as well:

GSKY-link GS27-USB50 (5dBi omni antenna)

GSKY-link GS27-USB70 (7dBi Panel Antenna)

(watch out the old revision carries the not so nice B variant :8187B of the chipset and no LNA.- The new Revision of the GSKY has a 8187L + LNA like the ALFA and is now pretty comparable to the AWUS036H.

Other devices availiable with Realtek 8187L:

ARGtek STARbase
    ARGtek Rocket
    ARGtek Palm
    ARGtek Stick

These device have not the same good sensibility (RX) like the AWUS036H but come pretty close and are availiable at a much lower price.
    Not everything that has a lower price is automatically bad!

The Auslinx adapters are not so good in my opinion, as several LNAs in line make no sense, because the noise is amplified as well and this results in lower receiving capabilities.

800mW + make no sense to if you haven't got an AP which has the same or a comparable power output!
    thanks

now my question is how to make this ar242x or ar5bxb63 chipest run on suse 11.1 live cd with aircrack support i am also have suse 10.1 but it can define my wireless card

i forward this question to be
    my option if my chipset cant crack wireless networks so i should go to buy another one

i have read alot things like hal, madwifi ,ndiswarrper , omani peek ,wildpackets ,injection support,monitor

so far i have not absorbed all of these things to the large number of Linux distributions and lack of support and a multiplicity of solutions that creat a massive interference for newbies

so what i want is guide how to make this in clear simple steps