Thread: Sniffing Data on Wireless Network

Just burned his ISO

Default Sniffing Data on Wireless Network

First off I would just like to say thanks to the developers for releasing such a dedicated version of linux.

Now, my use for the program, isnt so much security, than debugging. I develop Apps for iPhone, Android, and the Pre and sometimes when the device moves from simulator to real device, or something just plain weird happens on the device its a pain to reproduce. I have a home wireless network secured with WEP. My computer running backtrack4 has a Belkin F5D7050 v4 USB Dongle, which is supported out of the box by linux (monitor mode included). I have set up the internet but I am pretty new to this, and my previous attempt on my Fedora box with ARP spoofing was very variable.

Is there or can someone explain to me how to sniff all data (mainly TCP data) from and to the device from my computer. I have only been able to get Broadcasts and some TCP requests, but never server responses.

Thanks.

Try Wireshark.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo2 View Post
    Is there or can someone explain to me how to sniff all data (mainly TCP data) from and to the device from my computer. I have only been able to get Broadcasts and some TCP requests, but never server responses.

Thanks.
    Sorry, i misread your post. Try learning more about arp poisoning/spoofing.