Thread: LKL as pe or loadable kernel module?

Default LKL as pe or loadable kernel module?

Hello.

In one of my posts I was talking about keylogging and monitoring.

After I have found the lkl i would like to know, if it could be possible to use this thing like a loadable module.

Imagine I have a standard-bt.iso , which is exactly the one, You can download.

And I start it from cd or usb.

Now I just would like to load the lkl and start it, without the need to install it.
    Like a portable executable. It lies on one of my hd's and if I mount the one, I would like to load it.

What would I need to do to make this possible?

THX in advance.
    FIAT IUSTITIA ET PEREAT MUNDUS

From a quick search it appears that the lkl is a regular Linux binary so loading it like a Linux kernel module isnt an option, because it isn't a kernel module.

To run it on BackTrack you need to do the same thing as you would do for any other Linux binary. Copy the binary (compiled on a system with the same CPU architecture) and any supporting libraries not already present on the host system to the host system.

Some times the versions of the libraries used for compilation of the binary need to be the same on the machine that compiled it and the machine that runs it, so be aware of this too.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Default Thx.

What, if I get the sources and compile a lodable kernel module from it?

Would this be possible?

All necessary runtime libraries would be statically linked into this module.

Quote Originally Posted by me-$-on View Post
    What, if I get the sources and compile a lodable kernel module from it?

Would this be possible?
    I thought I already answered this. OK, lets try this. You tell me - is it possible to compile a kernel module from source code for a userland program?

Google it and see what you come up with. But maybe start by reading this below first:

The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Default Thx

Got another idea:

I will read "The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide".

Must excuse.