Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bt3/Bt4 won't work

Just burned his ISO

Default Bt3/Bt4 won't work

It works on my other laptop, but won't work on my Satellite a105-s2031. It gets as far as the Modules then gets "Cannot read module data. corrupted download?" Which is not true, because I checked the MD5 of the ISO. I've been googling but none of the threads seem to have solutions, or they don't help me at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Hi, any scratches on disc surface etc, has caused problem with me before, a quick clean with tcut and a polish with car wax worked a treat!

Just burned his ISO

I've tried burning them faster, and slower, and I tried them right off the burner. The fastest I burned one was 4x. I really just don't know what to do. It takes ages to get past modules, when it complains most are corrupted, then it freezes. I will say again I've checked the MD5 and used the disc in a different computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonNinja View Post
    I've tried burning them faster, and slower, and I tried them right off the burner. The fastest I burned one was 4x. I really just don't know what to do. It takes ages to get past modules, when it complains most are corrupted, then it freezes. I will say again I've checked the MD5 and used the disc in a different computer.
    If the disk works in one computer and not the other, it's not the disk. Can the toshiba boot any burned cd?

I will say again I've checked the MD5 and used the disc in a different computer.
    Did you previously had problems with the used CD-R brand with the Toshiba drive maybe? I myself also have problems with CD-Rs working in one drive and not at all in another (Thinkpad here). Have you tried to burn the CD-R with another CD-burner already and/or another CD-R brand?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If the disk works in one computer and not the other, it's not the disk. Can the toshiba boot any burned cd?
    Yes, it can boot Hackin9. Hackin9 is on a different type of DVD than all my Backtrack burns. I tried BT2 that I burned a long time ago on the same medium, so I'll go grab some of those and try it. I'll report back if this works, and thanks for helping me.

Turns out, it was the DVD type being rejected by the computer. Thanks to all who helped

Although you've solved your problem, you could try out virtual machine software like VMware (commercial) or Sun's VirtualBox (Free). No need for CD's/DVD's

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Although you've solved your problem, you could try out virtual machine software like VMware (commercial) or Sun's VirtualBox (Free). No need for CD's/DVD's
    Yea, but then you need to buy a usb wifi adapter. So unless you already have one, burning a dvd is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yea, but then you need to buy a usb wifi adapter. So unless you already have one, burning a dvd is cheaper.
    It depends. I have a satellite l40 and vmware recognizes my internal wireless interface. It wouldn't hurt to try

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    It depends. I have a satellite l40 and vmware recognizes my internal wireless interface. It wouldn't hurt to try
    But not as a wireless card, only as an ethernet card.

All virtualization software VMware, VirtualBox etc can ONLY use a USB device as a wireless device from within the Guest OS. All other wirelwss cards are only able to be used as an ethernet card from within the guest OS.
    They can however utilise an already established wireless connection made by the HOST os, but it is still seen as ethernet by the GUEST OS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast