Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking WPA

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Hacking WPA

I've read tutorials on how to crack WPA passwords, but none of them list where to get a full dictionary from. Is there one included with BT3? If not, where do I get one? Can I make one myself with just a plain old text file?

Read Hard!!!
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

there is 2 wpa cracking lists included in backtrack. but they both suck cuz they couldn't even crack my key.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    there is 2 wpa cracking lists included in backtrack. but they both suck cuz they couldn't even crack my key.
    Even after adding your password into it???
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Even after adding your password into it???
    well not quite. I wanted to see how good the pwl's were without adding it or even seeing if my easy pw was already in the list, but i already know if i would of added my pw to the list it would crack it but, the object of the whole thing is trying to find/make a good pwl.

Just burned his ISO

So there isn't a list out there? I even Google'd this before asking and couldn't find an answer. Where are the PWL's already included located on the disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    So there isn't a list out there? I even Google'd this before asking and couldn't find an answer. Where are the PWL's already included located on the disc?
    its inside pentest -> wireless ->

1.Cowpatty -> dict
    2.Aircrack-ng -> test -> password.lst

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

well not quite. I wanted to see how good the pwl's were without adding it or even seeing if my easy pw was already in the list, but i already know if i would of added my pw to the list it would crack it but, the object of the whole thing is trying to find/make a good pwl.
    The object of making a good password list is to reconnoiter a/the target gleaming as much information as one possibly can and then going from there.
    By simply adding your password to a list, it is only going to prove that your password was in the list supplied to a given program and that said program functions as it is/was intended to!
    By not having the password in the list you have proved nothing, other than you password was not in the list.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I found a huge dictionary out there. I wanted to add it to my BT3 CD so I can access it when cracking. What folder do I place it in? Please give me the full directory. I'm a noob, I know.

Just burned his ISO

its inside pentest -> wireless ->

1.Cowpatty -> dict
    2.Aircrack-ng -> test -> password.lst

I found a huge dictionary out there. I wanted to add it to my BT3 CD so I can access it when cracking. What folder do I place it in? Please give me the full directory. I'm a noob, I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast