Thread: Sort Forum posts in Chronological Order

Just burned his ISO

Default Sort Forum posts in Chronological Order

Okay,

I've looked through the settings and even searched. This is driving me nuts.

For some reason, when I view the forum, the posts show up in "reverse chronological" order.

Example, a long thread with 22 posts will show post #22 first.

The part that's really annoying is that usually the OP is on the LAST page all by itself! On the PC this is mildly annoying, but on my phone's browser, it's the biggest pain in the butt.

haha. So can you help a brother out here? WHERE is that setting?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valterra View Post
    Okay,
    I've looked through the settings and even searched. This is driving me nuts.
    For some reason, when I view the forum, the posts show up in "reverse chronological" order.
    Example, a long thread with 22 posts will show post #22 first.
    The part that's really annoying is that usually the OP is on the LAST page all by itself! On the PC this is mildly annoying, but on my phone's browser, it's the biggest pain in the butt.
    haha. So can you help a brother out here? WHERE is that setting?
    USER CP> EDIT OPTIONS >Thread Display Options>Thread Display Mode=
    Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.

It was harder for me to copy and paste this here than it was to find the info in the first place.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Default Thank you!

Great, thank you so much.

By the way, to save you the trouble of getting all "Google is your friend" on the next person who asks a similar question, that top grey menu bar doesn't show up when I / we visit this site from some mobile phones. In my case, an HTC Touch Pro using built-in Opera browser. I mean, it simply ain't there.

HOWEVER, the supplementary menu bar within a thread DOES. So, I'd already seen the choice for "Threaded, Hybrid, Linear" modes. As you replied, the User CP has the additional options of "Linear - Newest First" and "Linear - Oldest First."

THANKS AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by valterra View Post
    Great, thank you so much.

By the way, to save you the trouble of getting all "Google is your friend" on the next person who asks a similar question, that top grey menu bar doesn't show up when I / we visit this site from some mobile phones. In my case, an HTC Touch Pro using built-in Opera browser. I mean, it simply ain't there.

HOWEVER, the supplementary menu bar within a thread DOES. So, I'd already seen the choice for "Threaded, Hybrid, Linear" modes. As you replied, the User CP has the additional options of "Linear - Newest First" and "Linear - Oldest First."

THANKS AGAIN!
    OP is brave to be viewing RE or any other forums thru his phone, but Opera is a decent browser for WinMo. This may be trivial, but on my HTC Diamond I keep this bookmark for easy viewing of new posts:

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php?do=getnew
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik