Thread: How to Install backtrack 4 along with win7 and ubuntu 9.04 in the same physical HDD

Just burned his ISO

Smile How to Install backtrack 4 along with win7 and ubuntu 9.04 in the same physical HDD

Dear all,

I have Dual Boot Sytem with win7 and Ubuntu 9.04 at present.

I want to create a third partition by shrinking the biggest partition I have.

And then install BT4-beta into the newly created third partition.

I have read a fair bit of Documentation on numerous web sites about how to do this correctly,
    But admitedly I do not feel completely comfortable attempting such a possibly destructive exercise by using the tutorials that I have read so far.

This brings me to my main question!

Can anybody help me to correctly configure my existing HD partition to create, and then install BT4-Beta into A new Partition.

So I can then Boot into BT4-beta just as I do for Ubuntu.

I think this also will be a good learning curve for me to get into the nitty-gritty of using Ubuntu's command line/Shell,

I hope somebody can help me with this?

I look forward to any replies...

Regards,
    Union

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by uniontran View Post
    Dear all,

I have Dual Boot Sytem with win7 and Ubuntu 9.04 at present.

I want to create a third partition by shrinking the biggest partition I have.

And then install BT4-beta into the newly created third partition.

I have read a fair bit of Documentation on numerous web sites about how to do this correctly,
    But admitedly I do not feel completely comfortable attempting such a possibly destructive exercise by using the tutorials that I have read so far.

This brings me to my main question!

Can anybody help me to correctly configure my existing HD partition to create, and then install BT4-Beta into A new Partition.

So I can then Boot into BT4-beta just as I do for Ubuntu.

I think this also will be a good learning curve for me to get into the nitty-gritty of using Ubuntu's command line/Shell,

I hope somebody can help me with this?

I look forward to any replies...

Regards,
    Union
    I have the same problem, but I think the solution is to install aircrack-ng on ubuntu or anything else you might need. At this point I don't find a good driver so my injection will work with my ath9k.