Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Track 4 pre-final Boot failure

Just burned his ISO

Question Back Track 4 pre-final Boot failure

I get the Bash screen whenever i boot from the DVD, so i searched the forums and noticed a couple of things that i should try....

1. Dont download with a accelerator.
    the first download was done with getright
    the second download was done with DAP
    the third download was done normal, no download tools.

2. write the DVD at the slowest speed.
    3. Compare the Hash.
    b0485da6194d75b30cda282ceb629654 Downloaded Image
    b0485da6194d75b30cda282ceb629654 Hash from the website

4. tried it on 2 different PC's
    I get the Bash screen every time.

So i have now done all this and still i get this bash screen, I am now starting to wonder if this release is working.

Can somebody please tell advise me what next steps i can take to get this DVD to boot. as i have downloaded it now 3 times, i dont think there is something wrong with my image.

What is the problem? You have described the correct results. What were you expecting?

What exactly does the bash screen say?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

from the looks of it, the op just gets the bash screen.

@op try typing startx and see what happens.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Hi Everybody.

When i boot from the DVD, i immediately get the BASH prompt, at this prompt i only have a couple of basic commands that can be issued. None of these commands are Backtrack related. In this case the startx is not available.

"Please keep in mind that Ubuntu has not yet booted up"

In normal cases, you will get the boot loader, where you get the 3 boot options...
    I do not even get this....

As soon as a get the prompt " Boot from CD" i press enter, i then immediately get this BASH screen. I have make 3 DVD and not one of them can boot...

While struggling with this, i inserted the DVD into my laptop where backtrack is installed on, i booted the laptop and it booted off the new DVD, no i can rule out that the DVD is defective...

I then tried my old Backtrack4 DVD on this PC where i have a problem, and it booted without any problems.

I am trying to understand what the problem with this distro can be, could it be that it has a problem with certain DVD readers...(hardware compatibility) I understand that there are some ATI and NVIDIA problems ... but even with this i expected this distro to boot up..

Just some background... i am running backtrack for several years now , i have also installed it on my laptop... SO i know that i am not a noob when it comes to installation of backtrack.

Any information will be appreciated....

regards

as a previous post asked, wht does the bash prompt say?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Are you sure its not putting you in a busybox shell?

Just burned his ISO

well you can always try redownloading the iso

Just burned his ISO

I believe he is referring to the grub shell - i just downloaded the iso as well and am getting booted into grub.

Tried loading the kernel manually and grub complains that it is "invalid or unsupported" format. MD5 checks out on the iso.

Will post a follow-up if I make any progress...

su

Just burned his ISO

Hello all, I am new here so bear with me. Please.

I am getting exactly the same behavior.

at boot the screen smiles at me:
    Code:
    >grub
    I too have downloaded without download manager, md5 sums are correct, other live dvd's / cd's work.

????

Any Ideas would be very helpful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast