Thread: Backtrack 3 widescreen

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 widescreen

Hi, I'm trying to install Backtrack 3 Final onto my hard drive. I'm at the part where you edit out all of the crap in the lilo.conf file. I know that you are supposed to enter a vga=? value where ? is a number that represents your monitor's resolution. Problem is, I'm using a widescreen monitor and I can only find vga values for fullscreen monitors. Does anyone know where I can find the values for a widescreen monitor? or know what value I should use for a resolution of: 1280x800? or am I supposed to use a fullscreen value that is close? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 333OnlyHalfEvil View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to install Backtrack 3 Final onto my hard drive. I'm at the part where you edit out all of the crap in the lilo.conf file. I know that you are supposed to enter a vga=? value where ? is a number that represents your monitor's resolution. Problem is, I'm using a widescreen monitor and I can only find vga values for fullscreen monitors. Does anyone know where I can find the values for a widescreen monitor? or know what value I should use for a resolution of: 1280x800? or am I supposed to use a fullscreen value that is close? Thanks!
    Come on! Double posts asking for spoonfeeding for something that is easy to find? Are you testing to see if the mods will ban you? STW! I googled using keywords from your post and had the answer in literally 30 seconds.

lilo vga value
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Come on! Double posts asking for spoonfeeding for something that is easy to find? Are you testing to see if the mods will ban you? STW! I googled using keywords from your post and had the answer in literally 30 seconds.

lilo vga value
    I double posted because I'm a newbie (that's why im still in the newbie section) and I didn't know that a mod had to approve the thread before it is shown.

Are you retarded? I asked for widescreen values. googleing "lilo vga value" only gives me fullscreen values. If you have a google search that will give me widescreen vga values then, by all means, respond again.

I double posted because I'm a newbie (that's why im still in the newbie section) and I didn't know that a mod had to approve the thread before it is shown.
    Then perhaps you should read the rules. Just because you're new doesn't excuse you from rude and annoying behavior.
    Are you retarded?
    No, not at all. How about you? Got an extra copy of chromosome 21?
    I asked for widescreen values. googleing "lilo vga value" only gives me fullscreen values. If you have a google search that will give me widescreen vga values then, by all means, respond again.
    STFW again, Spanky. The answer is out there, and yes, it was using those keywords.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

lol, who the hell responds to an "Are you retarded?" rhetorical question?

And if you did find it, why don't you tell me which link you clicked on so that you can 1) stop arguing with me, 2) win the argument, and 3) stop sounding like a little kid who talks shit and can't back it up. Thanks.

Developer

lol, who the hell responds to an "Are you retarded?" rhetorical question?

And if you did find it, why don't you tell me which link you clicked on so that you can 1) stop arguing with me, 2) win the argument, and 3) stop sounding like a little kid who talks shit and can't back it up. Thanks.
    Insulting important members of our community is gennerally not a good way to get on my goodside and allthough I may not be much, I am in charge.