Thread: RADIUS server question

Just burned his ISO

Default RADIUS server question

Hello all,

I'd like to know how one might connect to a radius server that seems to only accepts ethernet connections, but is detected wirelessly. I have a user name and account with this company and would like to access it remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by plTOC View Post
    Hello all,

I'd like to know how one might connect to a radius server that seems to only accepts ethernet connections, but is detected wirelessly. I have a user name and account with this company and would like to access it remotely.
    Ask your IT folks.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I doubt they are as familiar with BT4b as you are

Do you know about something in BT that would help me accomplish this? If so please share.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Maybe the access point is configured to drop packets sent from wireless devices to wired devices (I've seen this before on home DSL routers). The computer hosting the Radius server might never see your traffic.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by plTOC View Post
    I doubt they are as familiar with BT4b as you are

Do you know about something in BT that would help me accomplish this? If so please share.
    You probably still want to check with them to confirm how clients with other operating systems make connections to the RADIUS server via the wireless network. It will let you know if there are any peculiar configurations in place that might prevent connections using the usual method. Any Linux configuration advice they give should be directly applicable to BT4, and it should be possible to extrapolate from any Windows specific information they give you.

As part of the process, its also probably polite to confirm first whether the IT guys mind you connecting a pen testing system to their production network. Some IT people are funny like that.

Ask the IT guys about their RADIUS config and how to connect, and if you cant figure out how to use BT4 to connect, post back here with the relevant information and we can try to assist further.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you all. I have plenty to learn about RADIUS and Linux (and most things) in general. I think solving little mysteries like this will help me learn faster.