Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backtrack-nvidia error

Default backtrack-nvidia error

I'm unsure if its the same kernel problem as pureh@te is aware of in the ATI bug thread, but I receive these errors when installing the backtrack-nvidia package from synaptic. I'll delve a bit deeper if not.

Code:
    E: nvidia-driver: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    E: cpyrit-cuda: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: cuda-toolkit: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: cuda-gdb: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: cuda-multiforcer: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: cuda-sdk: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    E: backtrack-nvidia: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Anyway, I've got to say I'm very impressed with everything else though! Great work guys.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

same problem gere. can't update driver through synaptic. pyrit wont see gpu

Developer

Show me the command you are running and what model card you have. I just recheck every thing and it all works fine here. To be fair I have never tried with synaptic. I only test with apt-get although seems like it would be the same.

edit: You have to stop X before you install the nvidia-driver. I havent found a fix for that yet. Stop X and then apt-get nvidia-driver

edit: I am almost done with a complete CUDA & Backtrack .pdf. I must apologize for not having it done before the release but its because I am a lazy slacker

Ah ha, I'll try it in the morning.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Show me the command you are running and what model card you have. I just recheck every thing and it all works fine here. To be fair I have never tried with synaptic. I only test with apt-get although seems like it would be the same.

edit: You have to stop X before you install the nvidia-driver. I havent found a fix for that yet. Stop X and then apt-get nvidia-driver

edit: I am almost done with a complete CUDA & Backtrack .pdf. I must apologize for not having it done before the release but its because I am a lazy slacker
    Any chance of getting you to post a almost done copy of it . I just got done installing my 2 gtx 260's and have been unsucessfull so far on getting it to work, was able to on bt4beta not not on pre so far im failing at installing drivers.

Thanks,
    Notlist3d

Developer

I just did

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I just did
    Thank you I appreciate it.. off to install it right this time

Notlist3d

Right, well it all seemed to download and install using no X and apt-get properly, unlike synaptic which didn't seem to download the packages fully, but when trying to list_cores it crashes backtrack completely. I'm going to reinstall backtrack onto my drive as I don't like my partition setup and try again. I'll also try on my machine with the 280 in it.

Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

yep, pyrit benchmark and list_cores crash bt.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr0 View Post
    yep, pyrit benchmark and list_cores crash bt.
    how so? did you install the rest of the stuff it needs? Would you please read the .pdf I created. pyrit does not have the CUDA module. you have to apt-get that as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast