Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wepbuster

Default wepbuster

hi.
    i have downloaded wepbuster.tgz so i can see what its like.
    im running backtrack 3 final from a 8gig sd card without the persistant changes as im not too comfortable with trying the coding.
    what i would like to know is how would i go about using wepbuster with my version of backtrack 3? i understand i will have to mount/install it everytime i start my eeepc but im willing to do that

Did you use Linux before?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Good friend of the forums

good luck with mounting and installing a tar.gz package every time you boot your iso...
    oh almost forgot..

man tar
    man sh
    man man

no. this is my first forray into anythin other than windows but i am seriously considering making the switch to a linux os. i have a eee-pc 701 sd which is currently running xp. i quite like the idea of everythin for linux being open source and the fact that its not as resource hungry as windows. im just not sure how i would replace xp with it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Dude just make a changes folder and then copy it to another offsite locate.
    Then if you make a mistake just go to the partition with the changes partition and delete the folder. Then re-copy the offsite one back in place and you have your fresh install all over again.
    It really is quite simple, and if you make a mistake the problem is easily solved for the next attempt.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cain#1 View Post
    no. this is my first forray into anythin other than windows but i am seriously considering making the switch to a linux os. i have a eee-pc 701 sd which is currently running xp. i quite like the idea of everythin for linux being open source and the fact that its not as resource hungry as windows. im just not sure how i would replace xp with it.
    Why do you want to use BT as your first linux distro then?

You should use another distro to make your first steps.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cain#1 View Post
    There are a ton of beginner flavors of Linux that will give you less of a headache. BT was designed for people who have an expert level of Linux knowledge.

I would start with one of the more beginner versions like Ubuntu. Also learn the Bash commands. The majority of programs in BT are command line.
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."

Just burned his ISO

Theres a lot that you can learn by just starting off with something like ubuntu, with windows a lot of people are spoiled in using a GUI all the time, once you start poking around with unix, its a whole new world. Your keyboard and the command line are your only friends :-)

im thinkin of goin with eeebuntu. anyone had any experience with this os?

Not yet but that might be a good idea for the beginning.

Noone is saying that you shouldn't/can't come back. But it is easier to learn the basics on a different Linux distro without all the tools around to distract one.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast