Thread: Pyrit ESSID Removal (?)

Just burned his ISO

Default Pyrit ESSID Removal (?)

Not quite sure if this is the right area, but it is the Newbie Area so I'll try.

Currently I'm using Pyrit with the CUDA kernel to do some GPU cracking. I've run into a situation where I accidentally typoed my ESSID and now Pyrit wants to batchprocess a gigantic wordlist for the mistyped ESSID. I am wondering where Pyrit stores these ESSIDs and how I can remove it. Oddly enough reinstalling Pyrit didn't seem to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gnirob View Post
    Not quite sure if this is the right area, but it is the Newbie Area so I'll try.

Currently I'm using Pyrit with the CUDA kernel to do some GPU cracking. I've run into a situation where I accidentally typoed my ESSID and now Pyrit wants to batchprocess a gigantic wordlist for the mistyped ESSID. I am wondering where Pyrit stores these ESSIDs and how I can remove it. Oddly enough reinstalling Pyrit didn't seem to do anything.
    pyrit makes a blobspace in your home dir under .pyrit
    not certain what the results would be from manually editing your blobspace but you can try it
    ~/.pyrit/blobspace/essid
    you can edit pyrit to make the blobspace in another dir and import a smaller file to test before possibly corrupting everything you already imported
    please post your findings I'm curious if it will work or not

Just burned his ISO

I'm on Ubuntu right now and can't locate anything relating to pyrit in my home dir. I'm using the CUDA version of pyrit if that makes any difference.

Default Quick test

Quick test

Quote Originally Posted by gnirob View Post
    I'm on Ubuntu right now and can't locate anything relating to pyrit in my home dir. I'm using the CUDA version of pyrit if that makes any difference.
    go to terminal and type ls -a in your home dir
    any file or folder with a . in front of it is hidden in linux

Just burned his ISO

Default quick cross-post pointer

I was just perusing and stumbled across this... this question seems to be answered more thoroughly in the following post

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/newbie-area/24962-clearing-pyrit-blobspace.html

(please replace x's with t's to obtain correct link).

ajonez