Thread: Cant see anything in Storage Media folder

Just burned his ISO

When i load BT4 Beta on my Usb ,
    i go to Storage media in konquer but the folder is empty, no Usb device or anything.

edit:
    Ok i found in mnt/sdb my Usb Device where BT4 is booted from.
    So thats for me ok.

But just wanna say there will not rise a Usb device in storage media folder. with several USB sticks (flashdrives)

i dont understand what you are asking here. are u asking why your usb doesnt show in Storage media?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Good friend of the forums

that is, because some usb sticks have the usb removable storage bit removed. I have not yet find a way to set it on or off reliably.

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tantatium View Post
    When i load BT4 Beta on my Usb ,
    i go to Storage media in konquer but the folder is empty, no Usb device or anything.

Ok i found in mnt/sdb my Usb Device where BT4 is booted from.
    So thats for me ok.

But just wanna say there will not rise a Usb device in storage media folder. with several USB sticks (flashdrives)
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I have the same problem. I don't know a "fix" for it, but all I did to get all my drives to be displayed is click on the "Reload the currently displayed document" icon. It's the orange icon with the arrow pointing up and to the left.

I haven't tried to reboot and see if it was a permanent "fix" but I know it works for the current session.

Just burned his ISO

I have the same issue, but it's really a non-issue. Just click the reload button and they all show up. If it matters at all (probably doesn't), I am running BT4 off a 4GB SD card with an extra partition for saving changes. It works like a charm.

Just burned his ISO

i got this problem too
    Can't use USB or CD-DVD when you are using backtrack

Just burned his ISO

install disk-manager and make mount for every thing cd usb fashmomary

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I have a hard-disk installation of BT4beta, and I still have to hit "Reload" when I go into Storage Media in order to get any drives to show up.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

Same here i have to hit reload to get them to show up No biggie

Just burned his ISO

open /etc/fstab file and change mnt -> media

for example
    before:

/dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3 reiserfs auto,noatime,users,suid,dev,exec 0 0 # AutoUpdate

after

/dev/sda3 /media/sda3 reiserfs auto,noatime,users,suid,dev,exec 0 0 # AutoUpdate

now you see the devices

(creating the /media/sda3 first)