Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra long range antennas - howto

Default You want a ultra long range antenna? - howto

I am an RF engineer that works with military RF communication. How about a 26 dbi yagi to add to your little collection? Or a "cantenna" that is actually designed right? If there is any interest Ill be happy to give a step by step instructions how to make my toys.

He is a little link I tossed up Ultra long range antennas Would love to hear about your projects.

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Good friend of the forums

Of course, any tutorial posted by a know-how-guy is welcome, I for one will be delighted reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    Of course, any tutorial posted by a know-how-guy is welcome, I for one will be delighted reading them.
    not to mention putting them to use and following them
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

I already said yes .. but i feel the need to say it here also

PLEASE POST A GUIDE!!!!!!

If you don't want to post it up or its a little complicated .. how much to make me one?
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Would be very grateful for some tutorials on custom built antennas.
    Always a welcome subject .

BTW
    Nice pic , and thnx for the opinion on Alfa. It's good to hear an opinion from someone who
    has experience in the field (I do like my balls and would prefer them to stay functional )

Thnx again!!
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Quote Originally Posted by onryo View Post
    If there is any interest Ill be happy to give a step by step instructions how to make my toys.
    All the best
    onryo
    Amazing work. You speak, we'll listen!
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Great to hear I see so much crap designs on the net when it comes to RF stuff. Sometimes it looks like people pulled their designs out of a Fruitloop box. Other people end up copy pasting this junk...and you know the rest. About time to do something about this.

What I am going to do is toss up a site that explains not only how to make this stuff but what every little detail is doing. I will also have a little forum so other know how engineers can have their say and people can ask questions.

A few weeks ago I designed a DC-3Ghz amp that had 43dbm of gain for Max Mouser of remote-exploit (not sure if his project is public yet). He is a cool guy and I enjoyed doing it. I would like to do something like this for the general public of the forums here. After all (almost) need antennas.

So with out further ado I will get to work on such a site. I am sure some of you don't want to wait that long so in the next few days Ill have just the "how to make part" The big yagis will be first on the list since I guess that is what most of you are interested in.

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Great to hear I see so much crap designs on the net when it comes to RF stuff. Sometimes it looks like people pulled their designs out of a Fruitloop box. Other people end up copy pasting this junk...and you know the rest. About time to do something about this.

What I am going to do is toss up a site that explains not only how to make this stuff but what every little detail is doing. I will also have a little forum so other know how engineers can have their say and people can ask questions.

A few weeks ago I designed a DC-3Ghz amp that had 43dbm of gain for Max Mouser of remote-exploit (not sure if his project is public yet). He is a cool guy and I enjoyed doing it. I would like to do something like this for the general public of the forums here. After all (almost) need antennas.

So with out further ado I will get to work on such a site. I am sure some of you don't want to wait that long so in the next few days Ill have just the "how to make part" The big yagis will be first on the list since I guess that is what most of you are interested in.

All the best
    onryo
    i look forward to it. just a question though, approximatley how much does it usually cost to make those high dbi antennas?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Great to hear I see so much crap designs on the net when it comes to RF stuff. Sometimes it looks like people pulled their designs out of a Fruitloop box.
    onryo, Here's a picture that's been floating around for a while. While it has been edited, it does show a real antenna that someone came along and was asking why it didn't work.

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

"I am not a tree hugger. Been working with microwaves in the 1-20 GHz 300 watt range and think all this hocus pocus "warning the Alfa is
    going to make your balls explode" is a bunch of hippy emo BS"
    Bravo!!! Very nicely put
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast