Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ip address location

Just burned his ISO

Default ip address location

hi,my friend got her email hacked into and i need some help.she gave me the ip address that showed had last logged in from her account.i need too know if there is a program in backtrack or anywhere else that would give me an location as too what city its coming from?thanks

http://www.ip2location.com

google next time please
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO

i tried a different sites like that but it didnt work for me really.what program would work on backtrack 3?

BT3 has better use.
    Try this one: http://whatismyipaddress.com
    Open first, then type that address, click trace.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

thanks,that seemed too work better.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadogan30 View Post
    hi,my friend got her email hacked into and i need some help.she gave me the ip address that showed had last logged in from her account.i need too know if there is a program in backtrack or anywhere else that would give me an location as too what city its coming from?thanks
    Her email account got hacked. If she still has control over it she should change the password. She should also contact the relevant company responsible for the email server. If it is one of the big names they probably won't care and or do much about it.
    As for the IP address if she does not have control over the account how did she find the last ip address that was logged into the account?
    Seems to me like you are phishing for info, might want to stop a do some reading. Either way what you are trying to do is probably not legal. As such no one should give you help in possibly breaking the law.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

it was actually from craigslist and not her email i found out.someone she knew was making fake accounts with her name/phone number.we got it figured out.

Lookup the IP address via ARIN, RIPE, APNIC etc and see what organization it's allocated to.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I will guess that if someone was smart enough to hack the account they probably used a proxy as well.
    Which will make it a bit harder to find out the real ip address.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

it was more of they were just making fake ads on craigslist(house for sale/appt for sale).i guess more annoying than anything.still that would be nice too find the city it was coming from.here is the ip:

dont think they were using a proxy,cause i believe i might know who the person is,but its hard too pinpoint it exactly.i couldnt find much using the ARIN, RIPE, APNIC websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast