Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how l can?

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation how l can?

l am using backtrack3 and l can crack the paswords of wep,so l need ask the question "How can l restart the modems with backtrack_? is there and command about that?"
    l couldent touch the modem coz its not mine but l must restart it for can use its connection now l couldent if you can help me l can be thankfull.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoLera View Post
    l am using backtrack3 and l can crack the paswords of wep,so l need ask the question "How can l restart the modems with backtrack_? is there and command about that?"
    l couldent touch the modem coz its not mine but l must restart it for can use its connection now l couldent if you can help me l can be thankfull.
    The "HowTo's" sub-forum is for tutorials, not questions.

Moved.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Why not ask the owner to restart it for you?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Sounds To me you should re-read the rules. Ie illegal activities not condoned here. If its not yours you shouldn't mess with it.

I'm not tryinig To be harsh, just trying to make a point.

Don't mess up with your neighbour's AP.

Anyway, you don't need to restart it to use the connection.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Well I see two options.
    1) AP is yours and under your control so you walk over and hit reset, pull the power, etc.
    2) You have written permission to test the AP in question so you communicate the need to reset with the APs owner and have them do it.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I can't understand why the router needs to be restarted. Can someone guess anything?
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Well if it's not his router, he could be trying to reset it so it would revert to default user and pass. But otherwise I can't see the purpose.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Reset really has 2 meanings, it could mean a simple reboot, or a complete default reset. If its the default reset then yes it reverts to default unam / pass. If he wants a simple reboot he could have injected something with a sploit that needs to be loaded at power_on. If thats the case i HIGHLY doubt he would be posting this here, especially with the way the question was formatted.

Just so you know both can be done remotely and its fairly easy to accomplish once you know what your doing, there is something posted in the How-To section thats directly related to it. It does depend on the model and firmware tho.

It should be noted aswell that lol he didn't ask for the router to be reset he asked for the modem ... and that happens to be pretty much useless unless he is planning a DOS and personally i haven't heard or seen of many sploits for cable / dsl modems but correct me if im wrong.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

@ vvpalin
    Yeah I know I didn't express myself clearly but I knew you'd get what I was implying .

And for the OP - I'm done trying to comprehend what it is you're actually trying to do.
    If you're trying to do something illegal you're sure to end up on the wrong side of the stick!
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast