Thread: A tool which automates wireless assessment

Default A tool which automates wireless assessment

It cracks all WEP APs within the range in one command. Even those with hidden SSIDs and client-less APs. Fully automated. Of course you have to be selective when doing a pentest.

ADMIN EDIT

Read the rules.
    Your URL was malformed anyway.

How about telling us something informative about this tool. A description, etc?

To be helpful to the OP, here's a working link for a video of wif1bust3er, which is, I assume, what the OP had intended to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYWe4...e=channel_page

Using BackTrack, of course

Good friend of the forums

It ain't no
    wif1bust3er

it's just plain old aircrack-ng video. Anyways, cracking wep is too easy, for a special tool to be written for the purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    It ain't no ,

it's just plain old aircrack-ng video. Anyways, cracking wep is too easy, for a special tool to be written for the purpose...
    Sorry, in trying to fix the OP's broken link, it looks like I added the wrong one
    Fixed.

It's a perl script called "wepbuster"
    wif1bust3r, are you the author? Did you intend to share the code or something?

Hi,

it's basically a script that automates everything that is needed in cracking wep. I have uploaded another video which shows how the script deals with APs with hidden SSID and mac filtering.. WEP cracking is easy as someone mentioned. Aircrack-ng is a product of a lot of individuals so I guess that is the reason they did not write everything into a single program. Also perhaps, they don't want wireless cracking to be easy for everyone (mostly for those with bad intensions).

Question: How do I distribute my script without the fear of causing somebody trouble or getting me into trouble, perhaps legally? I was reading the GPL license a while ago. Is that the way to go? Should i upload it somewhere inside an archive and include the license?

I wonder what happend to my reply. I clicked on Post and didn't see it. Anyways..
    It is basically a script which automates everything you need to type when cracking wep-enabled Access points. The only time you need to do something is when you want to skip a particular AP by just pressing enter. It will scan for a certain duration each of the non-overlapping channels and build a list of access points. Afterwards, the cracking begins. Hidden SSIDs will be revealed, mac filtering will be bypassed by spoofing to a connected client (if there's any). It was written in perl so you need perl and you only need to have a working aircrack-ng installation and the "macchanger" program. You don't have to tell the script which is your wireless interface. It will auto-detect it. I have uploaded another video which shows a demo of the script used against APs with hidden SSID and mac filtering. Check out the previous link and go to my youtube channel.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    It cracks all WEP APs within the range in one command. Even those with hidden SSIDs and client-less APs. Fully automated. Of course you have to be selective when doing a pentest.

ADMIN EDIT

Read the rules.
    Your URL was malformed anyway.

How about telling us something informative about this tool. A description, etc?
    Excuse me for being annoying but I only know how to use BackTrack 3 via a bootable CD.
    Will you please help me what I have to do in order to use wepbuster ?
    Thanks a lot.