Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Created my own Antenna for Superb increase in signal

Default Created my own Antenna for Superb increase in signal

So I followed 2 tutorials posted by -=Xploitz=- on cheap DIY antennas. The first is an "upgrade" so to speak (take a small 3-4dbi antena and make it a 7-10dbi antenna).
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9370

the Second is a parabolic reflector (a dish) design made from some card stock and foil.

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9370

I paired both of these up on my HWUN2 USB adaptor (supports 2 antennas), with superb results.

pic
    hxxp://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z223/apocolipse269/dishtenna.jpg

Now. Previous setup was a 7dbi and the 3dbi stock antenna (the two that come with the device are 3dbi, small and crappy, i had a 7dbi layin around so i added it ). At work where i'm 1/4 mile from my house, i used to get -84 db to -78 db (max) signal strength. Able to connect barely, no injection, and cut out frequently. (that equates to 15%-23% signal strength)

Now with the new setup, i'm getting -70db to -65db signal strength, about 50% signal strength!

Thanks -=Xploitz=-

side note, i've gotten hirte drivers w/ updated aircrack to run the Hawking Technology HWUN2 (uses a RT2870 USB chipset) flawlessly with injection working great. I can now inject! yay!

Just burned his ISO

Default auper antena

hxxp://www DOT metacafe.com/watch/1049996/10_wifi_super_antenna/
    i built one like this and it worx so well 20 db gain but directional

Just burned his ISO thecheekymonkey's Avatar

i like the top one, but when i made the parabolic reflector it didnt last long, i didnt get any decent results from it, i think i did it wrong.

ive seen the bottom antenna on BSOD , looks very good, but if you walk around the streets with that, you may get shot!!!

I have personally made both the windsurfer aswell as the directional hellmonger posted.

Just a few quick notes, first more info can be found here Linky Poo You have to register but then again what dont you have to register for now days?

The windsurfer gave me at most a 10% increase, however the yagi .. lol ..lets just say if i drive to the end of my road and point it at my house it works perfectly.

I will also say that even tho making it was a ton of fun, if you decide to go with the yagi from data alliance your going to see an even bigger gain.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

How about a 26 dbi yagi that gives/gets a nice signal from over 5km! See my post here on the forums or Antennas

All the best
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Quote Originally Posted by onryo View Post
    How about a 26 dbi yagi that gives/gets a nice signal from over 5km! See my post here on the forums or Antennas

All the best
    I think i just creamed me jeans

Anychance you still have the plans laying around, i would LOVE to build one for myself.

Funny tho my dad used to do the same type of work as you .. weird.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO thecheekymonkey's Avatar

How about a 26 dbi yagi that gives/gets a nice signal from over 5km! See my post here on the forums or

All the best

am i seeing the wrong picture, all i can see is an omni attached to an alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheekymonkey View Post
    am i seeing the wrong picture, all i can see is an omni attached to an alpha?
    Scroll down...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

[QUOTE=vvpalin;135460]I have personally made both the windsurfer aswell as the directional hellmonger posted. ]
    WOW!!! I am so happy that some one else has tryed this version the gain is tremendous i love this ant im actually working o a final version of this ant and will post my findings soon.

All the best
    Just an update: Still finishing up my antenna, onryo. It's been difficult finding time with 3 kiddos at the house.

I'm currently building the dipole Driven Element and will soon couple it to the boom and passive elements.

I know it's gonna rock. More to come...
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast