Thread: [BT4] HydraGTK Problem

Default [BT4] HydraGTK Problem

I seem to be having a problem when the program is trying to find the password list file. The problem seems to be when the password list is a very large file? What is the cut off size so hydra can recognize the file?

Thank You

Im guessing it depends on how much memory you have, i also wouldn't use anything larger than half a gig.

Thats just an educated guess tho so dont quote me on it
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    Im guessing it depends on how much memory you have, i also wouldn't use anything larger than half a gig.

Thats just an educated guess tho so dont quote me on it
    Yea the cut off for me is around 800mb for HydraGTK, on the other hand aircrack can bruteforce WPA with a large txt file.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Yea the cut off for me is around 800mb for HydraGTK, on the other hand aircrack can bruteforce WPA with a large txt file.
    Thats because aircrack uses sql, it makes it a little slower but for files over 2 gigs its needed. Anything under 2 gigs use cowpatty ... its faster.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    Thats because aircrack uses sql, it makes it a little slower but for files over 2 gigs its needed. Anything under 2 gigs use cowpatty ... its faster.
    Cowpatty on a 64 bit machine can use over 2 gig files just fine. I know Backtrack is not 64 but just FYI.